G.I. Joe the Game Xbox360/PS3 (what could be) a proposal - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's exciting to hear that a game is being made, but the words, "That tie into the movie" might as well be, "#@$$! @$@$@ #$@$ @#$@$@," considering how movie games turn out. And seeing how ridiculous the movie might be, those "#@$@$@" might as well be in bold, 400-point font. I suppose we can hope for the ability to turn on our teammates in combat and kill those cast members that wanted to make us puke during the film.

I'm such an optimist

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I like the idea of having all of your ideas, but I think a cool game could actually be with the broken thumbs and crotches and such. If your character gets too much paint wear you could buy a new part for them or frankenstein them into a new character and build them just like the real figures. You could even have flag points in there for money to buy new parts. I dunno, i'm weird i guess, but i'd like to see something like that as well as the hardcore shootem up. Something else i'd really like to see is a command and conquer type game where you can build huge armies and such.

Hasbro is a big company, they wouldn't have to stick to one format for a video game if they didn't want to, so we could, and should have multiple type games. Just like you have the star wars jedi games or whatever, but next to it you have the lego star wars games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooperdooper
    If there is anyone out there that has a connection to a game production company, this should be done, a new-age G.I. Joe game. A game with every G.I. joe/Cobra ever made, create your own Joe, Sandbox style (over the whole planet), a bajillion missions, and of course no broken bands, thumbs or crotches.
    A game where you could choose to save the world as any Joe or complete world domination with the use of any cobra behind the overseeing of Cobra Commander and Destro. But with the ability to free roam all over the planet completing missions til an almost impossible finale. Maybe saving or taking over one country at a time, running into international personalities.
    Online play would be an awesome shooter with your choice of any G.I. Joe personality or your own custom made joe or cobra.
    I'm just putting it out there for people who may have the power to get this process done, and do it good, a lot of game companies know how to take something really good and screw it up. So before the game companies do make a game like this (which I think they will someday), don't mess it up with horrible gameplay, no story line, no choices, and wthout some kind of creation process to the game.
    If ya think it's a stupid idea it's all good, but if ya think it would be cool then petition here for a great G.I. joe game.

Talking GIJOE Game

I love Deadman's Idea.. have flag points and when you get bad paint and broken thumbs or crotches you can go to the Yojoe-Store to have your figure repaired!
    Each Mission earns you Flag Points and Exp Points..

I also like the idea of mission based games that are kind of like Commando. Has anyone seen this game? You have 4 or so selectable characters in the mission and each have their own speciality.. Green Beret etc and Sapper.. which are well used specialities anyways.
    You could have 2 mission disks, one for GIJOE and One for Cobra, with two promotional codes at the end, of each disk, you mail these off for a third disk for Destro Missions

Also the idea of them being done like Command & Conquer would be ultra appealing!! Build Barracks and train your green shirts, start with small awe striker recon jeeps and go on to build armored apc's like the RHINO or Warthog. Also you could have MOBATs and RAMs.

One the cobra side you could have small fang's and Stinger Jeeps and move onto HISS Tanks 1, 2 etc. Depending on the levels and how much cash you've earnt from successfull missions.

The command and conquer game to me would be very appealing. You could have two types of disk for gijoe and cobra, and technically two different style of games on each one, mission based storyline or free play where you just start a battle to eliminate the other person. You could even have a create a mission based 3rd game on it, so that it could go online.

That would be awesome!!
    I sometimes.... can be awesome?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Talking

call of duty 4!!!!!!!! base it on that idea of teams fighting on different maps. As each map changes so could the teams gear. For instance there could be an artic map, jungle map, desert map, cobra island, the pit etc. You would be allowed to select and upgrade weapons unlock new weapons at different levels and have online play so you could play with friends anywhere. Have all kind of missions like capture the flag, free for all, team deathmatch, ground war, domination, headquarters you get the idea if you have played cod4. You could have 6 different teams with key players on each team(6-8 players per team) instead of generic outfits you would be randomly placed on a team and be a random character such as Destro, Duke, Flint, Firefly etc and you could even have Cobra teams fighting other Cobra teams.
    1. Cobra Commander Team
    2. Destro(MARS) Team
    3. Zartan & the Dreadnoks Team
    4. Serpentor Team (Civil War)
    5. Gi Joe Team 1
    6. Gi Joe Team 2

Quote Originally Posted by prplprowlr
    call of duty 4!!!!!!!! base it on that idea of teams fighting on different maps. As each map changes so could the teams gear. For instance there could be an artic map, jungle map, desert map, cobra island, the pit etc. You would be allowed to select and upgrade weapons unlock new weapons at different levels and have online play so you could play with friends anywhere. Have all kind of missions like capture the flag, free for all, team deathmatch, ground war, domination, headquarters you get the idea if you have played cod4. You could have 6 different teams with key players on each team(6-8 players per team) instead of generic outfits you would be randomly placed on a team and be a random character such as Destro, Duke, Flint, Firefly etc and you could even have Cobra teams fighting other Cobra teams.
    1. Cobra Commander Team
    2. Destro(MARS) Team
    3. Zartan & the Dreadnoks Team
    4. Serpentor Team (Civil War)
    5. Gi Joe Team 1
    6. Gi Joe Team 2
    At first I didn't like the idea of a Joe shooter, but it actually doesn't sound that bad. I love call of duty to begin with, so using Joeverse location and Joeverse characters would just be icing and I would definatley get it.
    Oh, and you forgot the Oktober Guard Team!

Awesome news! I was just thinking of a new GI Joe game myself when dusting off my GI Joe- Atlantis Factor game lol

I think a Joe video game would be much much more sucessful and appealing if it were based on the original comic series characters. I mean look at which figures get spent the most on as far as ebay. It's the old and good stuff like Storm shadow, Firefly, vipers, etc. It would also be F'in awesome to edit your charactors (IE make new character skins resembling later versions of the character) A first/third person shooter like the call of duty series would be pretty cool though. It would make it kinda different to fight with ninjas though and is why I think a third-person aspect would be a little more attractive. Or they could just make it both.

Whatever happens, I hope they don't make it some "techno-new age" representation of GI Joe. It'll flop big time. It's the orig series I think most of us love

Dispersed about the country in deep cover
    Anybody played the Lego Indiana Jones game for the Wii platform? Every aspect of this game could be manipulated into a fantastic ARAH game based on the comics or the cartoon(s).