does a cobra de aco moc really exist? - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I seem to remember road_block saying he had plenty of money and was prepared to buy lots of these extremely rare MOC figures.
    This is true, but having all the money to spend does not guarantee you will ever have the chance to purchase these items.

I don't agree with Roadblocks statement of prices being driven down by more and more examples of these vhtf figures appearing. I don't really think that more are surfacing, especially MOC items. I don't think we will ever have another "find" like in 2001 when lots of Brazilian MOC figures were found in a warehouse then eventually flooded the market. These were newer generation joes anyway, not the older 1-3 series. So even if a few more MOC Cobra de Aco's did surface I don't think the price would go down at all, might even go up because of the larger collector base that has now surfaced after 25th anniversary and collectors like myself who are now searching for new ways to expand their collections.

I am not baggin on Roadblock by any means, but the wants and request are out of the normal realm for this website. But this does seem to be the only venue to look for such rare items. I did find a Brazilian website that had a buy/sell/trade site, but the link was no good anymore.
    Last edited by just_joes_by_mike; 09-23-2008 at 07:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    I seem to remember road_block saying he had plenty of money and was prepared to buy lots of these extremely rare MOC figures.
    Pardon me, i never said anything about having lots of $,its just that i wanted certain figures which happens to be ultra rare. I thought this topic was about cobra de aco and not about what im buying. Anyone who has lots of cash can buy anything he wants,so long as he has the contacts and right people to sell to him. But to buy something rare at a steal,takes luck and skill and good timing.
    Make the impossible become possible.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by road_block
    Pardon me, i never said anything about having lots of $
    While that is technically true, your reply to me on another thread sure implied that you were ready to shell out some cash. When I mentioned that a MOC Argen 7 figure might run in the $5K range, you replied "I know and I'm prepared for that."

Quote Originally Posted by road_block
    Anyone who has lots of cash can buy anything he wants, so long as he has the contacts and right people to sell to him. But to buy something rare at a steal, takes luck and skill and good timing.
    Make the impossible become possible.
    So you're wanting to buy these ultra-rare items - yet you don't want to pay market value for them?

I'm confused - do you want these things or not? Because I don't want to burst your bubble but you're not going to "steal" them - not with the kind of collectors out there that are looking for these items. I know some uber-collectors and believe me when I say you won't be able to hang with them.

For every collector looking to "steal" an item like this, there are at least 20 willing to pay full value for them - and these are people who have invested years building a network of contacts to make sure they are notified first when one of these comes up for sale.

I can almost guarantee you that if you or I ever see one of these come up for sale, it'll be because a dozen or more people already passed on it.
    Last edited by Volleydan; 09-23-2008 at 11:00 PM.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    While that is technically true, your reply to me on another thread sure implied that you were ready to shell out some cash. When I mentioned that a MOC Argen 7 figure might run in the $5K range, you replied "I know and I'm prepared for that."

So you're wanting to buy these ultra-rare items - yet you don't want to pay market value for them?

I'm confused - do you want these things or not? Because I don't want to burst your bubble but you're not going to "steal" them - not with the kind of collectors out there that are looking for these items. I know some uber-collectors and believe me when I say you won't be able to hang with them.

For every collector looking to "steal" an item like this, there are at least 20 willing to pay full value for them - and these are people who have invested years building a network of contacts to make sure they are notified first when one of these comes up for sale.

I can almost guarantee you that if you or I ever see one of these come up for sale, it'll be because a dozen or more people already passed on it.

I definitely want these items,and there's nothing wrong with looking for a steal price but that doesnt mean that i expect rare items to be sold cheap,and if an item which i find worthwhile i will pay for it.What i meant was if an item is worth 5k and seller of that is asking for 15k, that will not do.

So does it mean that "a dozen or more people have passed on cobra de aco?"
    since its up for sale?

So let's take a different tact.....what is a MOC Cobra De Aco worth to you?

Personally, I think $1,500 is a fair price and if I weren't expecting a baby in a couple of weeks I would be all over it. IMO, the only reasons this item hasn't blown up so far is that the Ebay member who is selling it has only 3 feedbacks as seller and they were all from the same buyer (one with a private feedback rating, no less); and that the seller is in Brazil.

I actually agree with your main points, I just don't want you to think that it's going to be easy to do what you want to do. As you said, there's nothing wrong with wanting a steal. As collectors, we all want to get stuff for less than it's worth. I think I do a better job than most at this, but it takes time and patience - and more than a little luck.....and this is just to get common, domestic items like a Rolling Thunder or a General.

All I'm saying is that if you really want to "steal" items on this level, you had better have more time than Methuselah, be more patient than Ghandhi, and be more lucky than Hugh Hefner.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    Yes, this is what I was referring to.

road_block, if you are not willing to pay a fair market value for these rare MOC items, then why should any of us be wasting our time answering your questions and helping you track these things down?
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

for only U$1.500 I prefer give my Cobra de Aco MOC to my soon of 1 yr play..

Its rare piece and I doubt that someone have one better than my.
    if somen really have, I didn see yet.

Best figure until now is mine, maybe I will see in future another great condition like mine Cobra de Aco that Im selling.

But in Brazil, I have 100% sure, I know all collectors and biggest.
    one was sold to briantoys and condition of my is better in comparison with that.

Because I know guy that sold it, and he tell me that mine is better.

and btw, I have lot rare figures MOC from Estrela
    just check my post and you see that pictures talk for itself
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...=estrela+cobra

Those are some nice items....and some high-end purchases for anyone who is willing to make the investment.

I was not trying to offend you with any of my comments. As I said, I think your De Aco is worth far more than the $1,500 price that you listed the auction at. It is a very nice item. I don't think I would give it to my son to play with though .

However, I will stand by my statement that there will be people who will not bid on this item because you have few feedbacks as a seller. Please don't think it means that people don't feel your toy is worth its value....it's just that trust can be in short supply in the collecting world.

Also please remember that the U.S. economy is in bad shape right now so many people cannot make an investment in a toy like this as quickly as they could in better times.

I know about my feedback, but other sellers offer to sell to me and take 30-40% of total ended value.
    So I prefer to sell for myself.

Im selling because Im now collecting 25th only.
    Will keep some figures loose, but MOC I will sell.

tks anyway

I saw that the auction ended for $3,600 and change.

Considering that similar items have barely broken $2,000 in the past, you must be pretty happy now. Congratulations on your big sale.

I noticed that the item sold to the same buyer in Singapore that has bought all your other stuff that you've sold as well. It may be none of my business, but I would offer the advice that if he is going to give you the best price on all of your items anyway, you might want to try contacting him directly and saving yourself the EBay fees in the future.