limited edition serpentor print.

yojoe.com

limited edition serpentor print.

http://www.robertburden.net/serpentor.php

limited edition print. i dont know if it is hasbro liscensed.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs down Pricey!!!! $225?!

Personally, I don't think that this is worth it, from a collectible OR fine arts perspective. But, to save all a trip, this is from his website:

Hasbro's Serpentor (GI Joe, 1986)
    Limited Edition Print

Available for purchase are limited edition prints of Hasbro's Serpentor. Only 100 prints of this piece have been made in this run. After the 100 are gone, there will not be any more prints produced of this work.

Each print has been signed, numbered and placed inside of a polyethylene archival slip for protection. The paper is 16" x 20" Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 308 - 100% cotton rag, fine-art paper.

Each print is shipped flat in a custom print box. All shipping costs to the United States and Canada are included in the price.

Items will not be shipped to any location outside of the United States or Canada.

Paper Size:
    20 x 16 inches.

$225 US
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.

It is a painting of the FIGURE, not the character...Seriously, you can see the elbow and hip joints.
    Selling Joes all day onnna' 'bay...
    Armageddon Toys

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah..wow. I'm a HUGE Serpentor fan, and even I wouldn't pick that up.
    ....apparently I can't customize for my wants anymore.

I wouldn't buy it, but it is actually pretty cool. You can see the rivets and the seams too, they meant to paint it that way. I'm not sure why they did it that way, but it's different.

This months issue of Toyfare had an article on the guy. It was a pretty cool read. It said that the original painting is over 7 feet tall.

Exclamation Some information from the artist

The original Serpentor painting was 7.5 feet tall x 5 feet wide. With the frame and shadowbox it was close to 8.5 feet tall. The original painting sold for $6000! And the artist is already considering 2-3 other G.I. Joe paintings in the coming years.
    WANTED: Rise of Cobra & Retailiation movie memoriabilia (from scripts and production items, props, to movie and billboard banners, store signage and larger items!). TOP $

Hasbro Items: Paperwork & design sketches, ARTWORK, licensing books, promo flyers/slicks, employee items, presentation art.

Licensed Merchandise (non-figure/vehicle) like towels, Coleco ride-on toys (sleds or bicycles) , vintage child clothing, and an original Konami Arcade game.