Deadbeat bidders on Ebay - Page 13

yojoe.com

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    What did he mean, "shonkys like you"? Was he trying to call you a "honky"? If so, it's a good thing you blocked him since he thinks it's 1973 and therefore likely has some sort of mental illness (especially since He-Man wasn't even around in the 70's).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

deadbeat bidders

Add Fightfairclothing to the list

Several days passed after the auction ended, I resent the invoice and finally sent him a message. I opened an unpaid claim after a week. A few days later he claimed he had trouble transferring money into his PayPay Account. I gave him another day before closing the claim. Somewhat annoying that once a claim is closed it is very difficult to leave any feedback, yet alone negative or even neutral feedback!

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by DePoy View Post
    What did he mean, "shonkys like you"? Was he trying to call you a "honky"? If so, it's a good thing you blocked him since he thinks it's 1973 and therefore likely has some sort of mental illness (especially since He-Man wasn't even around in the 70's).
    shonky: definition of shonky in Oxford dictionary (British & World English) (US)

The minute I saw the word, I knew the buyer was from Aus.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 09-03-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That's funny, I've never heard that before. I did have somebody harass me similarly, user ID is e*my*bay and he asked for free shipping, then when I refused but offered him better deals on combined shipping, etc. he sent a flurry of obnoxious emails and even though I'd blocked and reported him, the messages kept getting through until I finally got a hold of somebody on the phone who handled it.

Quote Originally Posted by DePoy View Post
    That's funny, I've never heard that before. I did have somebody harass me similarly, user ID is e*my*bay and he asked for free shipping, then when I refused but offered him better deals on combined shipping, etc. he sent a flurry of obnoxious emails and even though I'd blocked and reported him, the messages kept getting through until I finally got a hold of somebody on the phone who handled it.
    What's really ironic at this point is that the only other sealed MOTUC Kobra Kahn on eBay atm, is already at the $96USD mark with around 4 hours to go (making it around $4 more expensive than my BIN listing) and the shipping to get it to Australia is $30 more. Gotta love how some people will so readily cut off their nose to spite their face, hey?

I try to avoid being a bad ebayer. If I find something I like, but can't afford to pay at the time it will go away, I try to work out a deal and then I keep to that deal. Integrity, some have it, some don't.

[QUOTE/]This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. You are also not involved in any of transactions in this thread, therefore your post has no business here. Read the rules of the bad trader section.[/QUOTE]
    I did read the rules thank you very little. And I believe my post does have relevance here since I do try to not be one of the many ebayers being complained about here. If we weren't to be involved, 99% of all the posts here would have no relevance and shouldn't be here, according to your opinion.

PyhtonPatrol,

The original post from dockingbay reads: "If you are not somehow involved in the transaction in question or cannot contribute in some meaningful way - please do not post in that thread."

Emphasis on the "contribute in some meaningful way", which is what Stalker7actual seemed to be doing.

Glad to hear about you being such a great Husband. Yours and my "meaningful contribution" here is about using the thread for the benefit of the community. Not about slamming someone who wants to contribute on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PythonPatrolforSale View Post
    He did not contribute in a meaningful way. It's assumed one is a good ebayer unless there is evidence to the contrary. One need not proclaim his good behavior on eBay to the world, just as it's expected we don't beat our wives. There's no reason to stand up and shout: "I'm a good ebayer AND I don't beat my wife!!!"
    I guess I believe in the old "innocent until proven guilty". Meaning he is a good eBay until proven otherwise and not the other way around...seems like your response was more to your own point than his was. Why is this relevant? Because far too many buyers/sellers are railroaded without due process or a voice to defend themselves. 2 sides to every story and all. His post simply tried to explain what it would take to be a good eBayer, kinda would have been nice to have been met with the same courtesy from the community here. Seems like it was more meaningful than most of what I have read over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by PythonPatrolforSale View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. You are also not involved in any of transactions in this thread, therefore your post has no business here. Read the rules of the bad trader section.
    In all my many years here I've never seen such a rash of unprovoked posts...
    This board has always been pretty easy going, but I've seen a number of posts from you calling people out for seemingly no reason. Not sure why...

And for the record, I think his post is relevant. Advice on how to avoid being a bad ebuyer. Just adding to the discussion but certainly not taking anyone's side or speaking out of turn. We should be welcoming and involving new members like Stalker7actual.
    I echo NotCool's sentiments as well.