Deadbeat bidders on Ebay - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 139
  1. #81
    Member hotdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    ohio- right next to the air force museum- which totally rules.
    Posts
    2,108
    here's my first real deadbeat bidder (though there was one other a couple years ago) :

    Member id: medd21

    he bought 2 auctions from me, this is the direct text from the very first line of the auctions descriptions:

    Quote Originally Posted by first lot
    Up for sale is one Custom replacement gi joe accessory (Heavy metals Mic) and 1 Custom replacement Sgt. Slaughter baton.
    Quote Originally Posted by second lot
    Up for sale is 1 set of custom replacement MBT mauler antennas. they are as accurate as you will ever find (probably the best you'll ever find, just cheaper), but bear in mind that they are customs.
    here is his message to me (the first one he sent while i was asleep, apparently that ****ed him off):
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,I contacted you seconds, after realizing these were fake lots, and now you won't get back to me? I just want to cancel the transaction, as I am looking for the real thing. I won't have anything nice to say, if forced into accepting fake , imitation items...no matter the quality. I am a purist. Thank you very much.Sincerely, Neil- medd21
    i found it humorous that this ignoramous threatened me with negative feedback if i don't pay the ebay fees to correct his stupidity. be forwarned and block him ahead of time. for a purist, he's certainly not a realist. if he is genuine than he was just trying to steal rare parts from what he thought was an ignorant seller, but there's really no excuse for being too lazy to read the first line of the auction text. I told him that the only way he could get out of paying was to wait the 4 days it takes for me to file a "no pay bidder" claim, and take the non payment hit.

    here was my exact quoted response to his second email:
    Dear medd21, after 4 days i will file a non payment claim with ebay, at that point you can get out of the deal with a non payment strike against you. it really cracks me up that not only didn't you read the auction before buying it, but you also thought you were going to rip off some joe collector by giving him 15.75 for an original mic and baton. what a douche, people like you are the reason i detest ebay.thanks for screwing up my auction, hotdog
    his response:
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,That is not correct. These are items against Ebay's policies and shouldn't even be on here. They infringing against Hasbro toy company, and ruin the collectors market.Swearing at me, and degrading Ebay, is rude and uncalled for.Good day.
    my response:

    Dear medd21,they are customs, and clearly listed as such in the very first line of the auction description. I am currently posting a warning against you on both yojoe and hisstank, so good sellers (like myself) have a forwarning of you and block you in advance. i will send the links to you shortly.- hotdogs_stuff
    he's also continued to contact me, i told him i was going to post here and on another site warning sellers against him, and that i would send him the links. here were his responses (in order i recieved them) while i was typing this post:
    Cool
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,Collectors can't stand counterfeiters!!! I will have no problem, accept suing you for slander...watch what you say, my family are all lawyers.- medd21
    I think i'll contact Hasbro...- medd21
    DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN. WE ARE DONE , AS IS THE COUNTERFEITING.- medd21
    sorry medd21, you just made the signature.

    so after telling me he's done (so i haven't contacted him at this point except twice, once to let him know about the non payment, and once to let him know about these posts- both prior to the last 4 quotes by him) he continues to email me:

    So...how are "your" pieces "custom", when you just make a mold of an original?! Repeating the word "custom" doesn't make it so. Hacky- medd21
    this quote cracked me up, because by acknowledging that they are customs- whatever you choose to use that definition for (color, texture, lack of similarity) by acknowledging it you have to acknowledge your knowledge that i told you they aren't original pieces...
    I'm contacting Ebay about your threats.
    the "threats" are a refence to this thread.

    update 3-28-12

    so i closed the case today, and i emailed him to let him know he is done with the items. and he flipped out again:
    Dear medd21,FYI the case is now closed, so aside from the nonpayment strikes you took you have no obligations for the items.- hotdogs_stuff
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,I HAVE NO strikes tough snot dog...you do. I have been on the phone a bunch of times. I'm clean. You are in violation of a TON of policies here on Ebay and with Hasbro.And don't EVER threaten me again.- medd21
    Dear medd21,perhaps you don't understand how ebay works, and more importantly, you don't have to be a douche all the time. I'm not going to argue with you, but you did take 2 non payment strikes about 20 minutes ago when i closed the case. when you agreed to purchase those custom items (complain all you want, but they are custom pieces and were clearly listed as such) you entered into a contract. you had to click that you understood that after clicking that you agreed to buy it now. at that point I racked up around 5 bucks in ebay fees for the transaction, regardless of whether you wanted the items or not i have to pay that unless i file the non payment buyer claim against you (where those fees are returned to me). i won't take that hit, plus pay to relist my items because you lack maturity, responsibility or good sense. you matter of factly did take the hits, I only contacted you to let you know the matter was resolved. in the future i would advise you to read the auctions before you buy them, as you only have 1 more strike left before ebay gives you the boot.thanks-hotdog
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,There was no need to contact me, especially after threatening me with slurring my name on HISS and YOJOE...I would ALWAYS KNOW what is going on, with retarded cases like this one. Plus, you are the one who said DO NOT CONTACT ME!!!!....chill man, I was nice from the get. You tripped out, for what? ...only to have stuff taken down? I would have left it alone, but you had to push it? I don't get angry guys like you....- medd21
    that one i found hillarious because his facts are all twisted. he told me not to contact him (after my second email to him letting him know he made my banned list and that i would post here), i probably shouldn't have contacted him, but i wanted to let him know it was resolved.

    Dear medd21,I didn't slander you, i quoted you word for word, it's not my fault if that makes you look like an ignoramous.- hotdog
    that was it for me, but here's his last two this morning, he is amusing, but still not the kind of collector i would ever want to be around- or invite over.

    Dear hotdogs_stuff,Trust me, I didn't take a strike...and for YOUR information, making a hokey mold, which is easy as a project as they come (I'm a master modeler, and a licensed builder ), if you ACTUALLY sculpted them and I mean more than slicing off the mold excess...THEN it would be custom. You use a REAL one , mold it in whatever color you have on hand (you even said that in your description ), and sell em'; that is NOT custom, that is hack. And YOU were the "douche" , as you say, who freaked, when I realized you are a kitchen making, copyright infringing, Ebay policy offending kid, who thought(for some unknown reason), that I was going to sell them ?? I as a REAL collector, want only the real deal tough guy. If we were face to face, I guarantee you wouldn't have said ANYTHING to me...you can bank on that.
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,Telling me (as it is obvious you haven't a clue as to what "slander": means), you were going to tell people in GI JOE blogs, to avoid me, for who knows why?...is slandering my name.
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,I would venture to say, we would probably get along, if it weren't for you hiding behind the internet...but, your inflated pride over a couple basement geeks, sucking up to you on YOJOE, or any of the other sites you go to, gets in the way. I'm going to be the first to extend a truce and ask we stop arguing. For molds they don't look bad at all.
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,I am the furthest thing from an ignoramus, can build / make anything, and I will give you props for finding a niche, to make some extra cash...but, it IS illegal. Granted, you found a way around it, a loophole of sorts, with wording and a place that doesn't check that kind of thing too thoroughly. But, if Hasbro knew...you and I both know, they would never agree to your word "custom". But, whatever, that's cool...just don't trip next time someone wants a Hasbro baton, that's not a dis on you. They just want the real deal.
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,So are we cool? I looked, out of curiosity at some other "replacement" parts, and there are some really, really bad ones on here...But, as far as me having strikes, I don't have one. I ACTUALLY spoke to an American guy, and he cleared my name and status. And, for your information, I never wanted to cause you any problems or fees. Neil
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,Out of curiosity...have you ever tried to make , say a Skystriker canopy, or a clear helmet lens , from the early 80's?
    Dear hotdogs_stuff,Don't tell me , because you find out I'm a nice guy, you are still ticked off enough to not respond? How old are you?...seriously. No joking.- medd21
    i wasn't responding because i was working. but he seems to have a fragile psyche, like if he says something and doesn't get a response he flips out. i also thought it was funny that he asked about other "customs"- i didn't even want to go there, so i said we were cool and pointed him to brokenarrow- sorry alyosha.
    the threat of a fight kind of aggravates me, mostly because i am not physically affraid of anybody. I'm not a tough guy, and i don't pick fights, but i don't run away from fights either, but there are so many internet tough guys it's just not worth the aggravation of replying to someones threats like that
    Last edited by hotdog; 03-28-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: because it keeps getting better
    Leonard Hofstadter: Once you open the box, it loses its value.

    Penny: Yeah, yeah. My mom gave me the same lecture about my virginity. Gotta tell you, it was a lot more fun taking it out and playing with it.


    Wants, My Collection, Customs, Project Skinny, my dog eating corn on the cob, my dog weasel, blowing up toys

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #82
    Just had an ebayer with multiple id's try to win all of my auctions and they all have little to no feedback, one shows feedback but its only 1 and the person said he was a non-paying buyer, another id had 1 feedback also and it was the only one with a positive note. He ended up winning 4 of my items with 3 different id's. All id's are fairly new also. Curious if anyone knows who this is.

    Here are all the id's that bid on my items, I also reported them to ebay.

    eBay My World - delta1327
    eBay My World - delta692
    eBay My World - delta968
    eBay My World - delta642
    eBay My World - delta3972

  4. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by sirt8669 View Post
    Just had an ebayer with multiple id's try to win all of my auctions and they all have little to no feedback, one shows feedback but its only 1 and the person said he was a non-paying buyer, another id had 1 feedback also and it was the only one with a positive note. He ended up winning 4 of my items with 3 different id's. All id's are fairly new also. Curious if anyone knows who this is.
    This guy is a major problem, and it is astounding that eBay turns a complete eye to his antics. He has so many eBay IDs, and screwed so many sellers, I've lost count. If you've been selling MOC, MIB or MISB vintage G.I.Joe or Transformers as auctions on eBay for the last while, you've likely had the unfortunate opportunity to get him as a 'buyer'.

    I have tried messaging other sellers to trade his IDs so we all have up-to-date info to block any and all his known profiles, but strangely everyone clams up and refuses to share the info.

    These are the few IDs I have of his: alpha252, alpha172, alpha995, delta892, delta1328 and shockblast37

    EDIT: The only sure way to avoid him is to list as BIN with immediate payment requirement.
    Last edited by fish&chips; 04-20-2012 at 01:49 AM.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #84
    I am sure, like many times in the past, I won't hear back from eBay and nothing will be done about this, which is not good but what can we do. I really would love to find this guy as I don't think its a bot, its some *** with nothing better to do. I will keep contacting eBay about him too until something gets done.


    Quote Originally Posted by fish&chips View Post
    This guy is a major problem, and it is astounding that eBay turns a complete eye to his antics. He has so many eBay IDs, and screwed so many sellers, I've lost count. If you've been selling MOC, MIB or MISB vintage G.I.Joe or Transformers as auctions on eBay for the last while, you've likely had the unfortunate opportunity to get him as a 'buyer'.

    I have tried messaging other sellers to trade his IDs so we all have up-to-date info to block any and all his known profiles, but strangely everyone clams up and refuses to share the info.

    These are the few IDs I have of his: alpha252, alpha172, alpha995, delta892, delta1328 and shockblast37

    The only sure way to avoid him is to list as BIN.

  7. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by fish&chips View Post

    The only sure way to avoid him is to list as BIN.
    With immediate payment requirement. Otherwise wouldn't he just bin to end the auction?

  8. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderpumpkin View Post
    With immediate payment requirement. Otherwise wouldn't he just bin to end the auction?
    Yes, you are exactly right. I'm editing my original post to reflect this. But to turn this feature on requires a business Paypal account, which I don't have.

  9. #87
    hit by delta642
    2 invoices and no money. from what i read and his feedback i can assume He wont pay and i have to go through the ebay hurdles to get my fvf back.

  10. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebikerboy1 View Post
    hit by delta642
    2 invoices and no money. from what i read and his feedback i can assume He wont pay and i have to go through the ebay hurdles to get my fvf back.
    That guy will never pay. What I can't understand is, why won't eBay do anything about this? Block his IP or something? WTF eBay? It's as if we are only able to block whatever user id that tool bag uses. Makes me not want to use eBay.

  11. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by sirt8669 View Post
    That guy will never pay. What I can't understand is, why won't eBay do anything about this? Block his IP or something? WTF eBay? It's as if we are only able to block whatever user id that tool bag uses. Makes me not want to use eBay.
    Does anyone knows this guy's name and address? He won one of my auctions last week and, of course, didn't pay. I blocked the screen name he used on my auction (delta1327 or something very similar to that) but evidently he changes his screen name constantly so that won't be much help.

  12. #90
    Could the purpose be even more sinister than just randomly screwing people? Might he be selling and then just bidding up and winning auctions that he might have a similar item on sale for? Thus raising the price and keeping a willing buyer in the market for it?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •