1984 Spirit backpack variant - PLEASE HELP

yojoe.com

1984 Spirit backpack variant - PLEASE HELP

I've included a pic of the '84 Spirit backpack that has the arrow tips painted silver. I think this is such a better version of the backpack but in the many years I've been collecting/selling Joes I have only come across 2 of these. One was 8 years ago w a Spirit that had different colored details on his knife and other body parts. This one I came across in a weapons lot, so I don't know what type of Spirit it came with. Has anyone seen this before or have any info on it? Please help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I used to do this with my accessories as a kid. You bust out the testors and detail them better.

It's a custom paint job in most cases.

JohN M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

I have to agree with John on this. It's Testors.
    Selling/Trading away the following toy lines:
    ============================
    95-01 Star Wars, Original Indiana Jones

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So you both think its just a home made job? I wouldn't know one way or the other I guess. But then why not paint the grenades and buckles to really make it stand out. Or is it just easier to lay down a straight line like that at the top and bottom of the arrows?

Like I said I have run across two the exact same now. The other one was years back and that Spirit had, if I remember correctly, a silver sheath on his leg knife and the band attaching it to his leg was brown.

Thanks for your help. I guess I just throw it in with my next Spirit I'm seling.

PS - John I live in Harrisonburg as well. I've been visiting this site for years, but never posted here. So I just joined and the first response to my first post is from the same dinky little town. HOW COOL IS THAT!