Please, . . .be real ? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1982 Snake-Eyes 9-Back w/Cobra Commander Offer!

Card is unpunched!

Hopefully it's not re-sealed!

All together nice!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow, I sure hope that's the real deal. The seller lives in the county that I work in. Wish I knew the person so I could just buy stuff from them :P

I hope they are real. After I BIN this, I refreshed her sale page for about 3 hours, and I won these two. I missed out of Short Fuse, but, if these three auctions are real, I can turn $250 into a couple G's. I probably won't sell, because these will by my pride and joy, if they are real

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=012

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=012

I havn't bought any vintage MOC's in years, and I havn't used eBay often. I decided to look this day, and I find these on top of the newly listed page. I shouldn't say this, but I am so happy with these, I don't care. She is selling these for a friend, and says he has more. These were doubles. So, needless to say, I am a tad skeptical, but also a little excited how these auctions played out. Took her about 30 minutes between each auction. Every time she sold one, she added $10. The last one listed was the 1993 Snake Eyes at $90, which makes me think she really didn't know what she was selling, and it may be legitimate. I really hope this is real!! Her account has been established for a few months, she has sold before, but she has 7 feedbacks. This looks like I may get screwed, but, hopefully, I won't
    Last edited by Dean; 07-02-2008 at 08:58 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Great score Dean that's like a once in a lifetime deal. That Snake Eyes looks like it would grade pretty high.
    Ouch! Watch the face

Great score! Him having a Ninja Force figure for $25 leads me to believe its real. He got the figures and listed them with a rough price based on age. If he knew more about them the Ninja Force would be a lot cheaper while the others more so this looks very legit.

Great find!
    ReilToys has closed - thanks for all the memories guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Druss
    Great score! Him having a Ninja Force figure for $25 leads me to believe its real. He got the figures and listed them with a rough price based on age. If he knew more about them the Ninja Force would be a lot cheaper while the others more so this looks very legit.

Great find!

That is what I am counting on. She had listed the Short Fuse at $60 at about 11:00 PM EST. Sold in about 2 minutes. Next, about 11:30 PM, she listed the Snake Eyes, which I picked up for $70 (69.99). At 12:00 AM, she listed the Breaker at $80, I got that too. At 12:30 AM, she listed the Stalker at $90 (89.99), got that one. Then, at about 1:00 AM, she listed the 1992 Snake Eyes, BIN for $99.99. So, she listed these, in the wrong order, and increasing a little at a time . She has since lowered the price of the 1992 figure, about $5 every 30 minutes, as I watched her actions that night. Now, it is at $25, no BIN. This seems legit, as she has been emailing me about everyday, and about 2 emails a day. She is really nice, and says her friend has more of these! The ones she sold are doubles. I can only imagine what her friend has! I really hope this works out! :/

AWESOME! Really, that is some nice hauls you got there man! It's not unheard of either, I got a lot with a bunch of vehicles and a MOC 83 Cobra Soldier a few years ago for $80. I love it when people clean out their attics

THEY WERE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't, . . . CAN'T believe that I have these in my hands! I have inspected them, top and bottem, with a mag. lens, in light, tilted, checked the card, etc etc, and they are legitimate!! Ok, and here is the bad news:

- She sent them in an. . . ENVELOPE. You know those flat rate cardboard envelopes at the Post Office, she put all three MOC's (Snake Eyes, Stalker, and Breaker) into that envelope, and inserted a SINGLE PAGE of a newspaper, only covering one MOC. I guess this is what I get, when I get such a great and rare deal from someone who doesn't know the value of these. I was lucky they all didn't come crushed, bent and trashed. I was unlucky enough to have one broken (Breaker. . . thank god... )

-Stalker and Breaker have "3.00" handwritten in the G of G.I.Joe. The other one she sold, Short Fuse, which I didn't win, also had this written in, so I don't mind it so much, as it is the sales price. BUT, I doubt AFA recognizes that in 1982, many small brick and morter stores probly didnt use the price tags, and instead wrote in the price, cause it was cheaper. . .

-Snake Eyes does have some sort of liquid damage. It is not water damage, but it looks like some kind of liquid have dripped down the center of the card. I used a Q-tip with H2O, and it took off almost all of the chalky line down it, but left some trace amounts of material on the card. Other than that, the card lie almost completely flat, no major bends, bubble is almost dent free(small dent in acc. bubble, very small), and best of all, it is UNPUNCHED

-Stalker, is almost IMMACULATE. Besides the "3.00" written on it, a slight bend that shows on the back from the sealing of the bubble, and a small stress crack in the top right corner of the bubble (does not detract, but a line in the plastic is seen, does not expose figure inside...), this MOC has very little flaws!

-Breaker, he came damaged (I am happy of all of them, it was him ). His card is clean and flat, with a slight bend in the bottem left, due to PO handling. Along the bottem, the bubble (which was HIGHLY yellowed/brittle) was crushed, and pieces were found in the envelope. Other than that, the Bubble is in great shape, except that it is orange , and the card is peculiarly not sun damaged. I believe the bubble yellowing is due to climate, rather than sun in this case.

-LASTLY, in my opinion, NONE of these are AFA gradeable. Snake Eyes could possibly be graded, but due to the liquid "damage" (no warping, just some residue), this would not get a grade higher than a 60, if I am lucky. Stalker would be gradeable, and probably an 75 or 80 (I want to say, looks like an 85, but AFA grades rediculously high), if it were not for the writing. Because I can show multiplie items with the price tag, and somewhat "prove" that it is just the same as a price sticker (ie, Toy's R Us, K-Mart etc etc), any writing is detractable for any MOC. . . And Breaker, well, it would be a waste to grade him.

All in all, this is one of the BEST eBay finds/buys that I have made in a long time. Of the $255 I spent on the MOC's and shipping, I believe that I have many times that amount in reality, and it makes up for all the mistakes (bought too high/shill bidding victim, selling items/trading items for less value) I have made in this hobby, including buying EVERY 25th figure Hasbro puts out, despite my rambling about rehashing... If anyone wishes to see pictures, I can post them here as well. Also, for those that collect MOC, how do the Cobra Commander Offer 9-backs rank (value, rarity...) with the others? For example, which is rarer? Straight Arm: Snake Eyes, no offer, CC offer, 11-back, swivel arm, 20 back etc??? Thank guys
    Last edited by Dean; 07-09-2008 at 04:06 PM.

Yes, please post pics. I am curious to see these!
    Selling/Trading away the following toy lines:
    ============================
    95-01 Star Wars, Original Indiana Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    THEY WERE REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't, . . . CAN'T believe that I have these in my hands! I have inspected them, top and bottem, with a mag. lens, in light, tilted, checked the card, etc etc, and they are legitimate!! Ok, and here is the bad news:

- She sent them in an. . . ENVELOPE. You know those flat rate cardboard envelopes at the Post Office, she put all three MOC's (Snake Eyes, Stalker, and Breaker) into that envelope, and inserted a SINGLE PAGE of a newspaper, only covering one MOC. I guess this is what I get, when I get such a great and rare deal from someone who doesn't know the value of these. I was lucky they all didn't come crushed, bent and trashed. I was unlucky enough to have one broken (Breaker. . . thank god... )

-Stalker and Breaker have "3.00" handwritten in the G of G.I.Joe. The other one she sold, Short Fuse, which I didn't win, also had this written in, so I don't mind it so much, as it is the sales price. BUT, I doubt AFA recognizes that in 1982, many small brick and morter stores probly didnt use the price tags, and instead wrote in the price, cause it was cheaper. . .

-Snake Eyes does have some sort of liquid damage. It is not water damage, but it looks like some kind of liquid have dripped down the center of the card. I used a Q-tip with H2O, and it took off almost all of the chalky line down it, but left some trace amounts of material on the card. Other than that, the card lie almost completely flat, no major bends, bubble is almost dent free(small dent in acc. bubble, very small), and best of all, it is UNPUNCHED

-Stalker, is almost IMMACULATE. Besides the "3.00" written on it, a slight bend that shows on the back from the sealing of the bubble, and a small stress crack in the top right corner of the bubble (does not detract, but a line in the plastic is seen, does not expose figure inside...), this MOC has very little flaws!

-Breaker, he came damaged (I am happy of all of them, it was him ). His card is clean and flat, with a slight bend in the bottem left, due to PO handling. Along the bottem, the bubble (which was HIGHLY yellowed/brittle) was crushed, and pieces were found in the envelope. Other than that, the Bubble is in great shape, except that it is orange , and the card is peculiarly not sun damaged. I believe the bubble yellowing is due to climate, rather than sun in this case.

-LASTLY, in my opinion, NONE of these are AFA gradeable. Snake Eyes could possibly be graded, but due to the liquid "damage" (no warping, just some residue), this would not get a grade higher than a 60, if I am lucky. Stalker would be gradeable, and probably an 75 or 80 (I want to say, looks like an 85, but AFA grades rediculously high), if it were not for the writing. Because I can show multiplie items with the price tag, and somewhat "prove" that it is just the same as a price sticker (ie, Toy's R Us, K-Mart etc etc), any writing is detractable for any MOC. . . And Breaker, well, it would be a waste to grade him.

All in all, this is one of the BEST eBay finds/buys that I have made in a long time. Of the $255 I spent on the MOC's and shipping, I believe that I have many times that amount in reality, and it makes up for all the mistakes (bought too high/shill bidding victim, selling items/trading items for less value) I have made in this hobby, including buying EVERY 25th figure Hasbro puts out, despite my rambling about rehashing... If anyone wishes to see pictures, I can post them here as well. Also, for those that collect MOC, how do the Cobra Commander Offer 9-backs rank (value, rarity...) with the others? For example, which is rarer? Straight Arm: Snake Eyes, no offer, CC offer, 11-back, swivel arm, 20 back etc??? Thank guys
    Congrats on the items!

Any figure with writing on it will get a (Card) grade no higher than 70.

Any figure with a crack in the bubble will get a (Blister) grade no higher than 60.

This is the way I rate the rarity of Snake-Eyes:
    9-Back no snap-on text
    9-Back CC offer
    9-Back
    11-Back
    20-Back
    32-Back