Forth coming Target Exclusives... - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasstro
    My Target order got dekayed until November. Van anyone explain that to me.
    I would say that the delay could have something to do with the preorder date..I made 2 preored .The first day they came up on pre order i bought 4 rattlers and then 2 days later 3 conquest..The rattlers was shipped today and chrged but the conquest will be on sept the 17th.So im think first come first serverd..Maybe thats my thought.If your was delayed til nov..Then your preorder must of been later then others.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I placed my order the morning of the 21st, so it was on the first day they were available.

Quote Originally Posted by cgenterprise
    Zero Targets in my area have the jets in stock. One guy went as far as to say, "Even if I had them, I wouldn't be able to pull them from stock because the G.I. Joe's are collector's items." I then showed him the one beat-to-s*** Armadillo vs Air Chariot that was on the shelf. I asked if they had any of the other vehicles (always looking for a VAMP !) and he scanned the ArmaChariot. Before he told me whether or not they had more vehicles, I was told that no items can be pulled from stock until whatever's on the floor is sold / depleted. Then he told me there was nothing in stock. This was the first person in my year-old hunt for 25th stuff that made me feel like I had an adversary on the retail side. He asked how I got the DPCI number, claiming I "shouldn't know it", and made me feel like the people I hate more than work, scalpers!!!
    That guy is a moron. The DPCI numbers are on the shelf/peg tags and the receipts, and the scanners in the store allow customers to key them in themselves. If you get that, "you shouldn't know it," line again, point that out to him. Honestly, a sales floor representative should be capable of assisting a customer without the attitude.

The newest Target in my area has those printed "signs" that mention not looking in the back for toys, but in all the other stores, the employees are very friendly and helpful. It's really irritating that a corporate store would institute a policy that singles out one particular set of customers. If they have a chair for sale that comes in red and black, but only black on the floor, they will gladly pull the red chair from the back. It is a store; its sole purpose is to sell items to customers. This is the only reason for its existence. The idea that it's more "fair" to prevent the first customer with cash from buying something is patently absurd. From other collectors' stories, Target's idea of a "fair" toy shopping experience is similar to buying bread in the 1980s Soviet Union.

Quote Originally Posted by cgenterprise
    And, clearly, Hasbro is marketing this line to collectors, not newly interested children. Random Target employees know it...
    This is where Target gets really annoying. They carry collector-driven lines (G.I. JOE, Justice League Unlimited [that entire line is a Target exclusive now], Movie Master, etc.), and then some stores implement this policy of refusing to provide customer service to collectors.

Like I said, though, I'm more frustrated for others over this, because the guys and gals at my local stores are always wonderful. It's the overall concept of thinking they're doing someone a favor by abandoing the concept of first come, first served. I can almost see it for popular kids' toys during the holidays, so that parents can get this year's Tickle Me Elmo (almost).

Quote Originally Posted by sparks007
    The Targets in my area have little tags on the pegs and in the aisles stating that Target employees are not allowed to look in the stockroom and pull stock for guests also that due to the high demand for these items they will only allow any guest to buy two items at a time to allow other guests a shot at these items this goes for figures as well.
    They should begin the text with, Attention, Comrades:

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Remember to keep the political commentary off the boards.

You can't blame Target for their toy collector policy - you can only blame us - the toy collectors. It is the bad apples among us that ruined it for everyone. You know all the pain in the butt toy collectors I am talking about - from Hot Wheel collectors to action figure collectors - there are always a couple in every local community. There is always a couple that push it too far and end up ruining it for everyone else. Target didn't come up with this rule for no reason.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    This A.M. I got an email from Target saying:

"We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on July 21 2008 19:09 PDT... blah, blah, blah."

But when I got home from whatever-it-is-I-do-with-my-time, I got another email from Target saying they shipped my order! Now I'm doing my happy dance, A.K.A., "The Barney Miller"! Yowzaaaaaaaaa!!!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    This A.M. I got an email from Target saying:

"We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on July 21 2008 19:09 PDT... blah, blah, blah."

But when I got home from whatever-it-is-I-do-with-my-time, I got another email from Target saying they shipped my order! Now I'm doing my happy dance, A.K.A., "The Barney Miller"! Yowzaaaaaaaaa!!!
    Both emails came today? I got a "delay" e-mail this morning but there was no new estimated shipping date. Was today the original estimated shipping date?
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97

You can't blame Target for their toy collector policy - you can only blame us - the toy collectors. It is the bad apples among us that ruined it for everyone. You know all the pain in the butt toy collectors I am talking about - from Hot Wheel collectors to action figure collectors - there are always a couple in every local community. There is always a couple that push it too far and end up ruining it for everyone else. Target didn't come up with this rule for no reason.
    I think the signs are directed more at sclapers than collectors.Most of the employees I deal with are very helpfull.One even told me when his trucks come in so I would be able to check on those days for new merchandise instead of everyday .Today I bought three comic packs and wasn't given any grief at the register.Maybe Target doesn't like seeing there exclusives being sold on ebay for double the price ,and customers comming into the store asking for them and not able to buy them because they are all on ebay.For that I commend them. They bring us these items at a reasonable price even though they know we will pay double for them.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    Both emails came today? I got a "delay" e-mail this morning but there was no new estimated shipping date. Was today the original estimated shipping date?
    The estimated shipping date of my order was Sept 3rd.

I'm not sure if the times are correct, given the way email headers seem to be wonky all the time, but yes, both emails came today.

The DELAY email came in at 2:05:20 AM. Like you said, there was no new shipping date in the notice. There was a "more info" link though, but I didn't follow it since I was pretty sure I'd get screwed out of my order no matter what; I usually have bad luck.

Anyway, the shipping notice came in later at 11:52 AM. Again, I was sure it was a cancellation notice, but nope, it was all gravy baby! (sorry, I'm still happy...)
    Last edited by Super Sport; 09-04-2008 at 04:25 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97

My Target doesn't have these signs. I guess it depends on the local Target.
    There was nothing new at my Target either.
    They don't even have space for these yet.

If someone says that they cannot pull it from the back, but the aisle scanner says it's back there, ask them if their store is making sales, and if they say no, then explain that this is why...

Right now, NOTHING toy wise is street dated, so everything is fair game to pull.

John M.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.