Forth coming Target Exclusives... - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I don't know dates, but the reset is coming soon (as in 3 to 4 weeks). If they are in the system, Sept isn't realistic, but August is. I didn't check the dates on teh Planogram, sorry. Our store has 0 On Hands, but I will keep you posted.

Yes, that is an assortment, at least 1 each per case.

Remember, these are not street dated, and you can say that to the Leader On Duty, should the sales floor people give you grief. Also specify that it will give them an additional $25 towards their daily sales goal for each unit they sell of a Non-street dated item. You just wnat to purchase them before the reset in Toys.... Don't go overboard... ask for one of each item in teh assorment, not 10 cases.... and you'll be likely to get them over the guy asking for every case they have, which would be someone more likely to take them to ebay (or people like me, who pick them up for peoples like you all)

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Are these going to be a timed exclusive just like the first three vehicles or are they going to be something stores will carry around year round like the Joe figures.
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

Hopefully they will either run longer, or be produced in a higher quantity; because, I only found the AWE and SHARC at one Target, and never found any at the second Target in my area. In fact, I've never even seen the Target HISS in person. How lame is that? The Target exclusives only stayed on shelves for half a week, and were never seen again.
    Last edited by SolidSnakeEyes; 07-05-2008 at 06:59 PM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode."
    -- Timothy Leary/Eddie Izzard
    p.s. It turns out I'm on Myspace.
    www.myspace.com/****myspacetakinawaymyurl
    that naughty word, is the "F word."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yeah I hope there is a better distribution with these too. I only saw the first exclusives once at a Target by me. So the definitely need to step it up. Target, Hasbro, whomever.
    WildWeasel's SALE LIST :: Feedback eBay / The Terror Drome / YoJoe!

Target i work at had all three on hand often for about 3 weeks then they slowly started vanishing on the 4th week and i only saw them once after that when they went clearance.
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

Exclusives arn't meant to be a long term thing. Most exclusive toys tend to have a shelf life of a month to 3 months. Some might be longer depending on how well they sell, but if they sell right, they should only last until the next round of toys comes out (a month later).

A long shelf life at Target isn't good. They want things to sell to the people that want them, then they move on. Having something around long enough to stagnate means lost profits. That's one of the ways that Target is different from other retailers.

John M.
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

not terribly interested in these
    but that ultimate battle pack is another story
    any DPCI for that yet?
    the other originals want to see Short Fuze and Steeler with his visor!

At least Target is consistent across the board when it comes to excluives. This is in contrast to Wal-Mart where exclusives are in abundance at one store or never seen at another.

There is a local scalper who is pretty much quilty of the missing Joes in my area. He either scalps them, or simply hordes then in his warehouse to rot. After seeing him sell off multibles of the Target exclusives at double cost, I had answered all of my "where are the toys going?" questions.

P.s. I chose not to edit "quilty" to "guilty," because I think calling him "quilty" is an ok insult, too.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode."
    -- Timothy Leary/Eddie Izzard
    p.s. It turns out I'm on Myspace.
    www.myspace.com/****myspacetakinawaymyurl
    that naughty word, is the "F word."

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    I don't know dates, but the reset is coming soon (as in 3 to 4 weeks). If they are in the system, Sept isn't realistic, but August is. I didn't check the dates on teh Planogram, sorry. Our store has 0 On Hands, but I will keep you posted.

Yes, that is an assortment, at least 1 each per case.

Remember, these are not street dated, and you can say that to the Leader On Duty, should the sales floor people give you grief. Also specify that it will give them an additional $25 towards their daily sales goal for each unit they sell of a Non-street dated item. You just wnat to purchase them before the reset in Toys.... Don't go overboard... ask for one of each item in teh assorment, not 10 cases.... and you'll be likely to get them over the guy asking for every case they have, which would be someone more likely to take them to ebay (or people like me, who pick them up for peoples like you all)

John M>
    great info and i'll try to beat an employee at his own game. SinceI have no idea how to beat an employee to the toys. I have confirmed by other sales reps that at both my Walmart and Target there are collectors who are employees. The only time I see a army builder is when I travel to a store out of my area. I have even tried talking to one of the collectors and asking him to leave one for me. He laughs and tells me to buy them from him off ebay. The little brat. I havent been able to speak to the other collector.

Sometimes I hate caplitalism...sometimes.
    Gi joe helped me to learn to swim! And knowing was half the battle!
    Skystriker's to Trade list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...414#post287414
    Skystriker's Wants list http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...413#post287413
    Skystriker's Body Parts wants /trade http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=64536
    Here's some pics of my stuff http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/