i'm a little disappointed; only a little

yojoe.com

i'm a little disappointed; only a little

i wish they would use the pixelated fire explosion background like the later G1 joes. although that is the only complaint i have about these great revisions of my childhood favorites. ZedzDead

Think for yourself; question authority - M.J.K. - TOOL
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m.../baroness1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I only really liked the "flame" backgrounds of the pre-1986 Joes, so this isn't an issue for me, but I can understand your feeling. I would have been a bit ****ed if Flint had the "digital" background instead of the fire explosion, and I probably wouldn't have sought out an extra to keep carded.

i clearly remember as a kid when they released the new figs w/ the digital explosion effect how it somehow seemed that much more of a bad *** figure. i really wish these new figs were released about 25 years ago. gi joe and transformers were always my favorites, and star wars of course (goes w/o saying). Z
    Think for yourself; question authority - M.J.K. - TOOL
    http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m.../baroness1.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I didn't know the 86 BAT came on a card like that. I don't know a lot of things...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

I finally got an MOC '86 BATS, and it does indeed have the digital explosion. To be honest, I never really paid much attention to the difference in the background, and in which year the change occurred.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode."
    -- Timothy Leary/Eddie Izzard
    p.s. It turns out I'm on Myspace.
    www.myspace.com/****myspacetakinawaymyurl
    that naughty word, is the "F word."

I think all '86 figs (& up), should come with the 'digital' explosion...
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

I am old skool, but I don't mind the new cards.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

I would love to see the digital explosion return. I too thought it made the cards look much cooler. I would also prefer to see the TF figures have the TF explosion instead of the plain explosion.

I didn't even notice until it was pointed it out here. I remember the change, but I thought that it had occurred after 1986 for some reason.