TRU Exclusives – Senior Ranking 3-Packs: Wave 2 Images - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Question

so when this 3 packs are going to hit the stores??
    just wonder///
    Jose Isaiah Peña

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know they did it back in the 80's but it wasn't every wave like they did with the figures in 2002+ thats all they did look at all the versions of snakeeyes there are in the spytroops and VvV lines compared to the 80's. the repaints are more promiment now than back then and atleast had a good reason for them such as special mission groups not just for the **** of it.

Typically when the pics hit from China, we're a month or so from these hitting the shelves. I don't know why people are so shocked these are repaints and kit bashed. This is par for the course. I'll still get them.
    What's on JOE Mind?
    A fancast about the world of GI JOE - the #1 and longest running Joe only podcast on the Internet!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sure, there are several new repaints of Snake Eyes, but there are also three distinct body sculpts, three different head sculpts, and a plethora of accessories tied to this character. It's annoying that they keep making Snake Eyes figures, but at least they are not every single one using the same body mold. Perhaps CC would have been a better example to illustrate your point, or Duke.

Head sculpts I can understand should be different for each character as often as possible, but it doesn't surprise me that bodies are being re-used. In fact, I prefer military figures to have a certain uniformity. It's easy with the hordes of generic Cobra Soldiers, but when you start defining personalities for non-generics such as most of the Joe team, their appearances can start to have too much variety.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

I was just using snakeeyes as a quick example since he is the one i look for on the shelves first. its just through the 80's i counted 7 seven versions in 12 years and that leaves 28 versions from 97 to present in 11 years. and before the 25 anniversary line the main one i like is the last of the VvV line with timber. Yes most of the other figures were used the same way and at the time i didnt get them, but trying to now just to have a complete collection. I have turned into a completionist with GIJoe doing the 25th line now. And i dont really care for the figures in the collectors edition from 1999 or around then, but i will get them eventually, i did get the snakeeyes vs storm shadow then.
    I will say i'm glad they did this so that a new generation can have the chance to know what excitement we had to play with but with better detail and hopefully wont break as easy for the little ones who actually get GIJoe to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjaye03
    I have no clue who Skyduster is(must have come out after I quit collecting)
    Starduster aka Skyduster

Why didn't they give him his camo pattern!? Him and Cutter are the only two I want, so it looks like I am going to have to find them seperate on eBay.

I guess i don't understand the problem some of you are having with the new figures. I don't care for some myself, but I know that because of the updated body mold I want each of the new line just to have. I have been collecting GIJoe since I was young and stopped around '93 because i thought the figures were getting alittle out there(and started back up a couple of years ago once I noticed them on the shelves). Now I'm trying to get atleast one of each, I'm not really worrying much about the total looks. If something about the figures are alittle off well so be it aleast I'll have it just put away. Who knows I might change my mind down the road. I will have to say the colors for deep six are pretty drab and don't make alot of since for a diver, but the yellow suit for torpedo reminds me of the suits for the cartoon series and catches my attention for that reason. I want the skyduster figure more for the fact for he is starduster just renamed and I don't have the original,but looking for him

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    Starduster aka Skyduster
    I didn't know this character, either. When I first saw it in the unlabeled snapshots from the JoeCon, I thought it was going to be Cartoon Airborne.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    Starduster aka Skyduster

Why didn't they give him his camo pattern!? Him and Cutter are the only two I want, so it looks like I am going to have to find them seperate on eBay.
    Why would you do that, and not buy the whole set? Even if you divide the price of $14.99 over both of the figures you want, that's STILL $7.50 each - that's retail prices man.

Keep the other or sell it on eBay to cut the price even more - but why take a real sale away from TRU? That just hurts the exclusive line.

But they are in two seperate packages, so that's back to $15 each, which is what you might likely be paying for those figures on ebay, after shipping and stuff. Buy the whole package, and now you have 4 extra figures you can sell for at least $7 each, or use to trade.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D