TRU Exclusives – Senior Ranking 3-Packs: Wave 2 Images

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

TRU Exclusives – Senior Ranking 3-Packs: Wave 2 Images

YoJoe! has received images of the upcoming Wave 2 TRU Exclusive Senior Ranking 3-Packs. In Wave 2 we have, Air Command (Capt. Ace, Wild Bill and Skyduster), Sea Command (Deep Six, Lt. Torpedo and G.I. Joe Cutter) and Iron Grenadier Command (IG Destro, IG Officer and IG Trooper).

Air Command:

Sea Command:

IG Command:

07/11/08

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I saw these at JoeCon and was not impressed at all. Some of these 3-packs are pretty much all repaints for the sake of repainting. They don't really add anything new. The IG pack is a good example. The sea command pack is total repaints except for 2 head sculpts. Hasbro's Starduster is far inferior to the custom I saw at JoeCon that was made up also of 25th parts.

And purple on the IGs, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    I saw these at JoeCon and was not impressed at all. Some of these 3-packs are pretty much all repaints for the sake of repainting. They don't really add anything new. The IG pack is a good example. The sea command pack is total repaints except for 2 head sculpts. Hasbro's Starduster is far inferior to the custom I saw at JoeCon that was made up also of 25th parts.

And purple on the IGs, seriously?
    I'm actually liking these more than the first wave of 3-packs. Those were all pretty much stinkers to me.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i love the colors on WB...Ace, meh...Starduster, sweet!

Cutter?!...WTH?!...G-Hs head is just shameful for Hasbro...D6, tha is one sweet bash...i think there is at least four figs used to make him, and he looks cool to boot...nice to see Hasbro steals ideas from us for a change...wish they'd steal more and make a Sarge

ANOTHER DANG DESTRO!

Paints repaints, color schemes and incoherent Tooling, again.

Well, Well.

Other color schemes could work better for the I. Grenadier, but it's striking after a few glances. Now that it matches Destro's belt is cohesive. But I have my Iron Grenadier Officier already. Destro 2. Or better yet, how bout Metal Head, or let's see some Annihilator's or Voltar as an officer as he always was. Man, Hasbro. Start Jumpin'! Skyduster? Buy the liscensing rights back. This whole Nemesis 'Immortal'. Skyduster, Sssgt Rock 'n' Roll is nonsense. Buck Up. What's with the face on the new Falcon and new carded General Hawk?! Someone hand me a knife..
    Second, one the Ranking Officers topic, the Torpedo is great complement to the funskool piece. The Gung-Ho head as Cutter works astounding, though as fan perspective, I can see another fan getting somewhat upset about it. Do we really need another Ace figure? How many are their for cryin' out loud? Only one was good I think: Wendel Armbruster, that was kind of need. And the tooling on this Deep Six?? Get out.

As has been said here, I'm not overly impressed with these command sets in general, of the last set, I picked up Grunt off of ebay the rest I didn't really care about and the same can be said about this wave, while I like seeing ACE and more Iron Grenadiers, I'll mostly pass on this wave as well, maybe looking for singles on ebay.
    www.advancediron.org ..worlds largest Iron Man fansite.

set#2: I'm sad to see Hasbro replaced the Deep-Six head that was shown at the Con with this Torpedo repainted one. I feel the mask-less one was a much better representaion of his ARAH v.2 mold than what they are showing here. That sucks. I guess that on top of repainting his helmet orange, I'm gonna have to replace his head. The Cutter hat needs to go. Along with his head.

set #3: And the "Voltar" figure is useless. Actually the IG set is overall fairly useless to me. Will easily pass on that one.

set #1: I like Will Bill and the Ghoststriker Ace, but Sta...Skyduster is of course the best of that trio. Even if Hasbro completely dropped the ball on his deco. Looks like I'll be painting additional parts on him as well.
    --Dave

Stuff I'm Selling:
    Check it out here:
    http://shop.ebay.com/japanese-toys-n-books/m.html

Stuff I'm looking for: Tiger Force boxed items, send me your lists. REALLY want non-U.S. boxed vehicles and file cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bermuda Mohawk
    set#2: I'm sad to see Hasbro replaced the Deep-Six head that was shown at the Con with this Torpedo repainted one. I feel the mask-less one was a much better representaion of his ARAH v.2 mold than what they are showing here. That sucks. I guess that on top of repainting his helmet orange, I'm gonna have to replace his head. The Cutter hat needs to go. Along with his head.

set #3: And the "Voltar" figure is useless. Actually the IG set is overall fairly useless to me. Will easily pass on that one.

set #1: I like Will Bill and the Ghoststriker Ace, but Sta...Skyduster is of course the best of that trio. Even if Hasbro completely dropped the ball on his deco. Looks like I'll be painting additional parts on him as well.
    i wish they had kept the new D6 head for the 3 pack D6 too, cause with the Torp head it just looks like Torpedo with a different suit on...

Even though I have no clue who Skyduster is(must have come out after I quit collecting) I like these waves. Little iffy on Deep Six but overall good.

Thanks for posting the pics. Any idea of a launch date on these new packs?