Destro/IG Comic Pack... Destro with black head - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Man I have been trying to find out anything about it all day, not much luck. I've been hunting for years, I'm a g1 trasformers collector and and old school joe fan and got into getting figs when the 25th first started, I never cared much for the other lines up to now, they didn't match my chlidhood images or hold up to the devdue comics that have been I've been reading since they got the license(I'll miss you guys) but these are sweet! I always read about these variant figs but never thought I'd find one. But I'm praying I manage to find one more, with proper insert.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Then you will need to go to another store, most likely. Try a store that has not seen the new CPs yet as often as you can. I still think you may have found double (black) gold.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    Some people pay good money for factory error collectibles. Looks like you got a double-variant. I wonder if its value would be summed, multiplied, or averaged.
    On the list of "cool" toy oddities, I'd rank this one near the bottom. A lame variant AND an error: Boring to the second power! Sorry; I'm stupid.

No offense intended of course, I would have bought it too, though I'm not sure why.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You may have a good point, but I wouldn't know. I picked up a non-errored black head variant, and I don't even like the IG Destro look at all. Thus, I feel like my opinion on the matter (which is: cool variant on lame figure) may be moot. However, the very fact that I bought it anyway, and that you would have bought the errored one Metroponok74 found, speaks volumes.

In terms of collector value (not necessarily $$), 'coolness' is a high factor, but rarity can be what makes it a keeper. The chances of this being a one-of-a-kind combination are really, really, really (did I mention "really"?) good.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    In terms of collector value (not necessarily $$), 'coolness' is a high factor, but rarity can be what makes it a keeper. The chances of this being a one-of-a-kind combination are really, really, really (did I mention "really"?) good.
    Speaking of cool errors, IM-not-so-HO of course, I've been really, really, really wishing for a Jetpack duke with an upside down flag. That would be totally is!

Oh yeah, let me add that even if I'm not jazzed about Metroponok74's find my self, doesn't mean its not desirable, which probably goes without saying.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 08-05-2008 at 05:00 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    ...I've been really, really, really wishing for a Jetpack duke with an upside down flag...
    I can arrange that for you. Literal emphasis on the word 'arrange'. It would be a loose figure, of course.

I've mentioned this in another thread, but I have a factory paint error on a single Cobra Officer. I don't know if that makes it more collectible, but I haven't opened it because of the flaw.
    Last edited by Rooster3D; 08-05-2008 at 07:05 PM.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Thanks for all the feed back guys!!! much appreciated
    I was totally ignored on another site, must be a newbie thing, shun the newbie lol.....
    I'll hang onto this for a while
    Happy hunting everone!
    I'll be on here more often since that "other site" shunned me......
    Last edited by Metroponok74; 08-05-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metroponok74
    Thanks for all the feed back guys!!! much appreciated
    I was totally ignored on another site, must be a newbie thing, shun the newbie lol.....
    I'll hang onto this for a while
    Happy hunting everone!
    I'll be on here more often since that "other site" shunned me......
    Was it the board where one of the mods/admins has that "disturbing" avatar? (I shudder just thinking about it...) They didn't like me there either. PM me the details since there no "us vs. them" talk allowed here.
    I'M A MAC

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Question Destro Comic Pack with Black Head, Value?

I was in Target today and I live in the Bronx which never gets anything in large numbers but I was looking for the Bazooka wave and I found the new comic packs. I bought all of them and 2 of the IG/ Destro packs because I like the IGs. Anyways I switched the head on my original IG Destro with the one form the comic pack since he has red eyes and when I was ready to open the second one I noticed I have a Destro with a black head! He has the red eyes but instead of Gold his head is black. Is this a variant or a factory error and if this is a variant how rare do you think he is? I would love to sell him to recoup my costs for the other 3 packs but is he a valuable commodity? I buy my figures to open them so I am asking because there are many MOC collectors on these boards. Thanks for the input.

Ebay has completed auctions from between $30 and $90. You never now what you are going to get tho.