Destro/IG Comic Pack... Destro with black head - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I walked into my WM not expecting anything and when I got to the joe aisle they had one each of the new three comic packs. I grabbed em all and noticed the destro had the black head also. I heard it was a variant, but the thought of someone leaving it on the peg and taking the other three packs from the set made me wonder. I'm not a variant hunter so I didnt care which one I got gold or black headed, but I know some people lose their minds trying to find them lol.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I heard the break down is 1:1 (I was thinking it was 1:2) black head to gold head. It's definitely not as rare as some people are trying to make it out ot be.
    WildWeasel's SALE LIST :: Feedback eBay / The Terror Drome / YoJoe!

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel
    I heard the break down is 1:1 (I was thinking it was 1:2) black head to gold head. It's definitely not as rare as some people are trying to make it out ot be.
    1 in 4 is black.

There is one in every second case, and there are two Destros per case. So have the cases have one of each, the other half have two golds.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I found mine when Target put out 2 cases of wave 5 CP's and both cases had the Black Head Destro, so I grabbed one. Came back 2 days later to get the Tripwire/CC & Falcon/Nemisis packs and the Black Head Destro was still there, it sat there over a week, before someone finally bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by slim19722
    I found mine when Target put out 2 cases of wave 5 CP's and both cases had the Black Head Destro, so I grabbed one. Came back 2 days later to get the Tripwire/CC & Falcon/Nemisis packs and the Black Head Destro was still there, it sat there over a week, before someone finally bought it.
    I, too, have been having a hard time determining the black-head Destros as "rare." I've already found them two or three times in stores regularly stocked with the rest of the Comic 2Ps. What gives? Are these just turning out not to be as rare as originally thought? I know some people thought they had the packaging/availability ratios determined previously, but those numbers don't seem to be meaning much in terms of actual stock that's showing up available on floors.

In fact, if anything--I'm having a harder time finding gold-heads.

Exclamation Whoaa!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    I was looking for BATS and vehicles today at Target, and I found all of the new comic packs - IG Destro & IG, Nemesis Enf. & Falcon, CC & Tripwire. Then I noticed that in one of the Destro comic packs he had a black head. The other two were gold. Is this black variant going to be rare, do you suppose? Or were there two gold variants sitting there that I should have snagged?
    You got the variant?!? I can't even find the regular Destro / IG comic pack in my area.

Anybody got a MOSC Destro-IG comic 2-pack for trade???????????

- CL
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by titandogg
    I, too, have been having a hard time determining the black-head Destros as "rare." I've already found them two or three times in stores regularly stocked with the rest of the Comic 2Ps. What gives? Are these just turning out not to be as rare as originally thought? I know some people thought they had the packaging/availability ratios determined previously, but those numbers don't seem to be meaning much in terms of actual stock that's showing up available on floors.

In fact, if anything--I'm having a harder time finding gold-heads.
    During my stay in Dallas and 2nd trip to Las Vegas in the last two weeks, I found a bunch of Gold-heads and no Black-heads (insert acne joke here). There was one Wal-Mart in the nether-regions of SE California that had just about every 2008 figure, vehicle, and playset except for the Black-head Destro, Cobra BAT, and Snow Serpent. I forgot the name of the town, but it was along I 215, about 100 to 150 miles NE of San Diego.

The long-to-short is that they may be getting harder to find by now. You may still find them, but they will likely not be coming out of the factory any more, even though the Gold-heads will.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

Well I got my black head Destro( maybe thats why he really wears the mask) after opening like six case at diferent stores so I am going for the 1:4 ratio. I am hoping I can find 2 more this week one to open and one to sell.

I gotta say it looks pretty lame though. Kinda bummed me out at bit after I used up at least 7 bucks in gas and few hours of driving. At least its a worth while variant. Not something stupid like a golden leg buckle or something.

IMO though the best Destro head comes in the DVD battle pack with the best looking Lady Jaye so far and the most cartoon acurate Roadblock so far.

I hate to say it but now I want a vac-metal headed CC. What can I say the simple things in life.

I actually think it looks better than the gold one but I'm not going to keep mine. If I get into variants I'll end up going bankrupt. One of each figure is enough.
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

Update

Opened six cases at Walmart today and landed another Black Head Destro so I firmly stand by the 1:6 ratio. I want to sell it. Do you guys think anyone would buy just the Destro, and if so how much should I charge.