Destro/IG Comic Pack... Destro with black head - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I want one! Man I have yet to even see any of the latest single carded Joes in stores anywhere! I have not seen Bazooka, Barbeque or anyone! Needless to say I probably will never see the dvd Battle packs either. I would like to have a black headed Destro...the question is will I ever see one!??

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It is a neat variant for Destro. The black is actually shiny, like the gold head.

I didn't know there was on either. Just swung by Target today and they had two of each of the latest comic wave, almost didn't notice the black head when I grabbed them. So I got 1 gold, and 1 black.

Quote Originally Posted by Exz
    Just swung by Target today and they had two of each of the latest comic wave, almost didn't notice the black head when I grabbed them. So I got 1 gold, and 1 black.
    I'm thinking that is the norm. Like, it's not supposed to be a rare variant. There must be one of each, gold and black, with every shipment.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I see people are dropping money on them on eBay as if they were rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    I'm thinking that is the norm. Like, it's not supposed to be a rare variant. There must be one of each, gold and black, with every shipment.
    there's one in every 2 cases. so that makes the ratio 1:4

Not super rare, but definately not 50/50.

Also, keep in mind that it's been said that the black heads will only be in the first shipments of the comic packs. any later shipments will not have the black head. Like Black Timber, yellow stalker, anchor tatoo shipwreck, and anchor hat Gungho were only available in the first shipments.
    Looking for Arctic Commando Snow Serpent, Starduster version A, and 82/83 trooper rifles.

Gah, i got one from BBTS today and it has the black head so i can't open it now, but i want to play with the Iron Grenadier >_<
    Looking for 25th IGs,Alpine,Leatherneck and Short Fuze

I just picked one up mispacked with recent se and ss art on the insert. everything else looks right though....I grabbed it thinking I'd never see another one again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0804081355-1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	3760  

Quote Originally Posted by Metroponok74
    I just picked one up mispacked with recent se and ss art on the insert. everything else looks right though....I grabbed it thinking I'd never see another one again
    Hey welcome to the boards!

Nice find. Looks like someone fell asleep on the assembly line.

I think these aren't quite as rare as some were hoping for (I'm looking at you eBay ).

Quote Originally Posted by WildWeasel
    Hey welcome to the boards!

Nice find. Looks like someone fell asleep on the assembly line.

I think these aren't quite as rare as some were hoping for (I'm looking at you eBay ).
    Hey thanks!
    Glad I found this site!
    Here's hoping I get one packed right! lol slackers

Some people pay good money for factory error collectibles. Looks like you got a double-variant. I wonder if its value would be summed, multiplied, or averaged.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!