Destro/IG Comic Pack... Destro with black head

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Destro/IG Comic Pack... Destro with black head

I was looking for BATS and vehicles today at Target, and I found all of the new comic packs - IG Destro & IG, Nemesis Enf. & Falcon, CC & Tripwire. Then I noticed that in one of the Destro comic packs he had a black head. The other two were gold. Is this black variant going to be rare, do you suppose? Or were there two gold variants sitting there that I should have snagged?
    Last edited by Rooster3D; 07-28-2008 at 03:19 PM.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster3D
    I was looking for BATS and vehicles today at Target, and I found the new comic packs. Then I noticed that in one of the comic packs IG Destro had a black head. The other two were gold. Is this variant going to be rare, do you suppose?
    I think it is supposed to be a variant, yes.

Yes it is a variant. I'm not sure on the breakdown either, but the black head will be more sought after, so get that one.
    WildWeasel's SALE LIST :: Feedback eBay / The Terror Drome / YoJoe!

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is there a picture somewhere of this black headed Destro?
    Ouch! Watch the face

I was just about to post it! Good timing, almost.
    Last edited by Rooster3D; 07-29-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boa's punching bag 26
    Is there a picture somewhere of this black headed Destro?
    There's one here…
    Last edited by WildWeasel; 07-29-2008 at 02:06 PM.
    WildWeasel's SALE LIST :: Feedback eBay / The Terror Drome / YoJoe!

That link above didn't work for me, so click the thumbs below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CP_IG&Destro_black_01.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	3751 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CP_IG&Destro_black_02.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	3752
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

Question Destro Comic Pack with Black Head, Value?

I was in Target today and I live in the Bronx which never gets anything in large numbers but I was looking for the Bazooka wave and I found the new comic packs. I bought all of them and 2 of the IG/ Destro packs because I like the IGs. Anyways I switched the head on my original IG Destro with the one form the comic pack since he has red eyes and when I was ready to open the second one I noticed I have a Destro with a black head! He has the red eyes but instead of Gold his head is black. Is this a variant or a factory error and if this is a variant how rare do you think he is? I would love to sell him to recoup my costs for the other 3 packs but is he a valuable commodity? I buy my figures to open them so I am asking because there are many MOC collectors on these boards. Thanks for the input.

Ebay has completed auctions from between $30 and $90. You never now what you are going to get tho.

I walked into my WM not expecting anything and when I got to the joe aisle they had one each of the new three comic packs. I grabbed em all and noticed the destro had the black head also. I heard it was a variant, but the thought of someone leaving it on the peg and taking the other three packs from the set made me wonder. I'm not a variant hunter so I didnt care which one I got gold or black headed, but I know some people lose their minds trying to find them lol.