1982 Cobra Soldier Prototype

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1982 Cobra Soldier Prototype

Now Reduced to offers above $300

I'm offering my Cobra Soldier Prototype for sale for $500 shipped inc tracking/insurance

An identical one sold on Ebay for a whopping $697

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/G-I-JOe-GIJOE-...mZ160259789812

Just some background info about me, I've been in the toy collecting scene for just over 10 years, my specialities are Vintage Star Wars and Action Force. I've owned and traded many prototypes over these years and my name is referenced on the toysrgus website.

If anyone would like any more information or photos please feel free to contact me.

Thanks

Jonathan
    Last edited by 426; 08-31-2008 at 05:09 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is the crotch broken? I imagine that is a hard piece to replace

Quote Originally Posted by EFIL4OEJ.I.G
    Is the crotch broken? I imagine that is a hard piece to replace
    Yes it is, but we are talking about an extremely rare item where condition shouldn't really play a role.. Plus you shouldn't be fixing or repairing prototypes IMHO

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Banned
    throw it on ebay man see what it brings.

how do you know its not a proto for say the recent night watch set or the comic packs from the vv years.
    Always wanted: Foreign figs, protos and test shots, and vs 1 BATs and parts.

Banned
    good call man. That is a good point. If I were you I would send it in to AFA to get it authenticated. Where did you get it from?

Quote Originally Posted by yo-man2
    how do you know its not a proto for say the recent night watch set or the comic packs from the vv years.
    if it was for one of those sets it would be a swivel arm figure. i dont think afa would grade it but i could be wrong.
    They say it is ok to talk to yourself as long as you don't answer. But sometimes you need to have intelligent conversations.
    http://forums.yojoe.com/wanted/10394...want-list.html

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEater
    good call man. That is a good point. If I were you I would send it in to AFA to get it authenticated. Where did you get it from?
    I did try and contact Tom Derby to try and get him to authentic and sell it on my behalf for a premium but he has not got back to me yet, I will however try my luck on ebay this weekend.

I purchased this back in 2002 from a collectible store called OFFWORLD, at the time they were a huge SCI-FI store in the UK and had recently purchased a huge collection of MISB AF items off an ex palitoy employee, Included in this lot were a large number of prototypes including original palitoy action force series 1 figures ( i purchased 5 of these, they were all non sonic welded and in non production colours) and also about 3 or 4 straight arm gi-joes, all unpainted early sampes (cobra, grunt, flash and stalker).

Weekend bump