1984 Storm Shadow MOC with yellow head

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1984 Storm Shadow MOC with yellow head

hello yojoe members,

I am a huge fan of the website, but this is my first time ever posting in the forums here.

Basically i need some guidence. I recently purchased a 1984 Storm Shadow 32-Back unpunched MOC on ebay for $250

Everything is in good shape except his head has completely yellowed. how this happened i'm not exactly sure as there are no other signs of sunlight damage to the item.

I'm not a big collector of MOC figures because the prices are so crazy. (I just saw a 1982 Snake Eyes sell for $1,350 on ebay)

So while I'm thrilled to own my favorite figure in MOC condition, i'm also dissatisfied with the yellow head.

Here's where i need your advice. I am TEMPTED to break the seal on the bottom, slide the figure out and replace his head with a pristine white one from my own collection.

good idea/bad idea?

i dont want to feel dishonost or like i'm tampering with a historic action figure. but the rest of the figure would remain mint except his head would be a replacement and instead of MOC it would be a re-seal.

anyway....tell me what you think. I'm also considering reselling it.

thanks

kp

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd leave it just as it is. If you open it, then it's not MOC anymore. If you want something that looks good, just get a 25th anniversary Storm Shadow. You could even open a new one, slip in an old Storm Shadow and then reseal that.

But if you open it, you'll never get your money back for it. I think you'd regret opening it more than you would not opening it.

yeah i think you're right. thanks!

and good idea about inserting a classic storm shadow into the 25th card

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If it were me I'd sell the yellowed one on Ebay then use that money to get one you'd be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake-eyes01
    If it were me I'd sell the yellowed one on Ebay then use that money to get one you'd be happy with.
    Yeah list it as the "rare yellow head variant"...

-

Can U Post A Pic So We Can See The Yellowing Of The Head. I Am Intrested In Seeing It. That Is Very Strange How Only The Head Is Yellowed But Nothing Else. How Is The Card Around The Head Is There Any Fading As I Have Seen Some Moc Figures That Have Some Fading From The Sun Picking Between Blinds Or A Near By Window Over A Period Of Time Leading To Damage On A Part Of The Card

Just My 2 Cents

here is the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=022

there was no item description, just a small photo.

i noticed the head was yellow AFTER i submitted my best offer.

I admit i am still slightly tempted to insert my own BRIGHT WHITE Storm Shadow into the bubble
    Last edited by Stagecoach; 08-12-2008 at 04:11 PM.

The card looks like it's in great shape & unpunched! I definitely would not open it & insert another figure! But it is yours to do what you want with.

-

Thanks For The Post. I Am Haveing A Hard Time Believing That The Head Is So Off From The Rest Of The Body. I Was Thinking It Might Be A Reseal. Cause There Are Some People Out There That Can Do Some Great Reseals. But Then I Was Also Thinking Why Would Someone Do All That Work To Have A Yellow Head. So I Guess The Mystery Will Remain. Thanks Again For The Pic

Well, I had an AFA graded Snow Job... and he had one yellow leg, and a yellow backpack, but everything else was white!

Of course, that was not clearly visible in the auction picture either...