G.I. Joe Wave 6 Comic Book 2-Packs and Wave 3 Vehicles Images - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What? All the Hate!!

I don't see what any of you are talkin' about.

These all are presentable and killer. Leatherneck, great throwback (though same Cutter/Gung-Ho tooling, Viper has honored paint schemes. pretty much reversed. They look great in the pack. If nobody like this new exclusive (meaning classic colors, trad. color. or new paint schemes) there's always collecting the vintage 3/ 3/4 loose. There's tons of it lying on ebay. Or get your degree in art design and file your resume to Hasbro.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Why they up Wildbill's hat??

It's obviously suppose to match the color of his vest!!

But they messed up the color
    Last edited by dockingbay97; 08-22-2008 at 01:47 PM.

"Dataframe"

Can someone explain to me why they changed Mainframe to Dataframe? Overall I think all the new additions are nice but I was never a big leatherneck fan, and why another AWE striker, there are plenty of vehicles to remake.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by guinessmic
    Can someone explain to me why they changed Mainframe to Dataframe? Overall I think all the new additions are nice but I was never a big leatherneck fan, and why another AWE striker, there are plenty of vehicles to remake.
    Hasbro just lost the rights to use the name is all. Still don't get why they didn't use a rank or put G.I. Joe in front and keep it Mainframe.

Granted most of them (all of them) are repaints, I'm looking forward to picking these up. Can't wait to get a couple FANGs and CLAWs.

Liscensing matters Unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by guinessmic
    Oh yeah. Believe me. I was ****ed too when heard about this matter.

This all has to do with character rights, and name liscensing and the fact Hasbro doesn' have the dignity/ and is too cheap to buy it from another toy company.
    This is the same with Nemesis Enforcer.
    Mainframe is in the Devil's Due comic and they did some dumb stuff in their too like killing him off, along with Rampart, and I believe Topside.

Best,
    Cocoabononohead.

That's awesome. At least somebody's positive and stoked about these releases.

Now how about that Firefly 5 pack.

That is HOSS!!!!

I'm used the name changes by now. Hasbro's also done it with Transformers. Now, since Hasbro is so keen to give figures new names why not make a Sgt. Slaughter figure that is not called Sgt. Slaughter?

The FANGS are the only thing I want out of the bunch.

I think The Hardmaster/Snake Eyes set looks cool. I am just wondering with the 25th figures jumping all over the place and with the movie obviously bringing all new figures what is the future of GI Joe?
    The point is its cool GI Joe is reintroducing so many cool figures but when do we get entirley new figures?
    Hardmaster really embodies what Hasbro could do, but doing characters over and over like WildBill gives the feeling of simpley greed.
    Hey why not teenage version of Joes? I did some customs a while back Duke in his lettermans jacket, Scarlett in a schoolgirl uniform! Why not!
    please help me understand why we need so many versions of characters?

Well granted I think Hawk in a wheelchair would be one of the coolest figures ever I really don't want a Snake Eyes with acne ^^^

Over all I am pretty happy with these. There are some weird things going on with some of them but I guess they are still not making enough money yet to make all new figures with each run. You guys act pretty surprised about this even though they did it in the 80's till the cows came home.

Minus's
    Any one notice no goggles on the viper but we still get the crapy hands, skull and crossbones on Leatherneck, Hardmaster is Snakeyes Ver 367 or something like that. Cutter Shipwreck body with a Gung Ho head. Deep Six looks cool but is a down right joke. If he was to go even a few fathoms down in that suit he would come back looking like a deflated balloon. Why couldn't they save that mold for Ace's long lost Co-Pilot.

Plus's
    If you were to use the "landing gear" on a CLAW you would peel have the cloths/skin off you body. Thats just a common sense upgrade besides they never land like that in the comics/cartoon. Mission Brasil stuff is very cool maybe we will get the rest of the set. Mainframe was an 80's name for an outdated computing system that was normally the size of a bookshelf so no skin off my teeth. I mean look at his laptop. Hardmaster is very cool even though he is a repainted SE. I love mythos figures, it gives me hope for Dr. Venom/Billy. Wildbill with a helmet adds a lot of realism so I am stoked. If he did not wear something like that he would go deaf from the engine noise. Scrap Iron is super cool and a nice throw back not to mention the sculptor told me at the show that the scars on the face are very exstensive. One of his eyes is useless and white . Torpedo is cool period.