G.I. Joe Wave 6 Comic Book 2-Packs and Wave 3 Vehicles Images

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

G.I. Joe Wave 6 Comic Book 2-Packs and Wave 3 Vehicles Images

Wave 3 vehicles and wave 6 of the comic book 3 packs vehicles include: Awe striker with Leatherneck,(tan) Fang(version 1) with viper, and cobra claw with cobra pilot

YoJoe! Magazine:

G.I. Joe Wave 3 Vehicles Images

G.I. Joe Wave 6 Comic Pack Images
    Last edited by WildWeasel; 08-20-2008 at 02:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thumbs down

I don't see much that is actually worth buying. The CLAW looks very cheap compared to the original. It really looks like a glider and not like a flying attack vehicle. Leatherhead is cool and we will hopefully get a classic color repaint (sans the freaking Duke arms )so that I don't have to buy another AWE Striker to get him. The Fang was never a favorite of mines and so I probably won't be buying that set.
    The comic packs again are mostly skippable, I want Mainframe so i will buy that set but Scrap iron doesn't look too hot and Wild Bill is mostly a repaint. Beachhead doesn't look too hot either. Hard Master looks very cool but then I'm stuck with another useless Ninja. He is debateable whether I will buy him.
    On another note, did anybody see how pronounced the scars are on Scrap iron? I don't recall seeing them on the original so much. Anyways that is just MHO.

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    CLAW pilot gets a rifle, but no dagger? And is he wearing a backpack? (and no, I don't mean the CLAW)
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

not really impressed. I was excited about Mainframe, until I saw that figure closer up. pretty substandard in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by zark1976
    not really impressed. I was excited about Mainframe, until I saw that figure closer up. pretty substandard in my opinion
    Not that I'm completely unimpressed or "disappointed" in their "Mainframe," but I just don't get Hasbro's reticence to use and re-use the Tiger Force Flint mold. Apparently they reserve that mold solely and exclusively for Flint figures? I don't know, but it just seems to me that they could have used that mold and created a dead-accurate Mainframe fig; likewise with their choice for their Lt. Falcon figure (they could have switched out the hands at the wrists for the Falcon figure).

I'll be the first to say something nice. Leatherneck is a tribute to the Mission Brazil pack from way back. Nice. It is clear that folks at Hasbro are drawing inspiration from the past.

The Hardmaster is now a figure. Virtually everything we've wanted to happen is happening. I'm impressed.

The CLAW will look better with decals and and there are sure to be decals in the box.

These will look better in person. I promise.

Quick question--how come the thread was moved to this forum??? It's discussing 25th Anniversary stuff. I haven't been able to figure out why topics get moved out of appropriate forums so often on this board. It makes things really confusing. Are the mods just bored? I mean, technically I guess, yeah, this topic could "fit" into this forum. But it was STARTED in the 2000-Current forum where we discuss the 25th line almost exclusively. Why MOVE a thread when it was already started in an appropriate place?

thats a good point and a good question I don't know why my thread got moved I mean it's talking about 25th anniversay stuff I figured id put it in the 2000-current section

After reading Super Sports post I went back and looked. I think hes right it looks like Cobra Pilot is wearing a gray Viper pack. You can hust make out the squrarish shape on his back. I assume that the Viper and Pilot simply have there weapons reversed in the pics.
    Now as to the good, Hasbrto has finally given me a coulor scheme for my Cobra Jetpack Troopers, as I really like the dark greay blue on the pads and webbing of the Pilot. (Also the Pilot stands are so going to my single card troopers)
    Only one negative in my book, its Leatherneck. I like the colour scheme but the shoulder pad, skull and crossbones belt and croc shoes kill it for me.
    Wanted: 3x Resolute Snake Eyes Glider Packs, 2X POC Spirit Vest, 2X Shocktrooper Helmets, Shocktroopers Please and Thanks!

"Who Are You?" "What Do You Want?" "Why Are You Here?" "Where Are You Going?"
    -The 4 Ideals of Babylon 5

I like the comic pack figures myself, even if I never cared for most of the actual characters. The amount of extras that they come with is pretty impressive (extra heads, sword racks, helmets and hats, etc...). And they're the best value for the price, that's for sure.

I didn't think that I'd get the Hard Master / Snake Eyes one, but I love that sword rack. The SE will make a good generic ninja too. The Hard Master's mask reminds me a lot of the original Snake Eyes mask.

Personally, I think this is the best wave of comic packs overall that we've seen yet. There's no "neon Duke" or "worthless Shipwreck" in the bunch.