SAS Wolverine - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SAS Wolverine

Happy to help out! Please could you send me some pics when you finish your custom? I'll host them in my archives if I may.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dispersed about the country in deep cover
    I'll definitly send you some pics when available, and I'm excited about showing this! I've got a simple, great idea to strap down the kayak. Cheers!

Dispersed about the country in deep cover
    Here's the SAS Panther I spoke of with the attached Silent Attack Kayak...

I used a clear plastic "tie" (police use these as handcuffs, stereo installers use these to pull wiring together, etc) and painted it black. It fit neatly on the roll bar, and I glued it in place. I then cut some strips of velcro and glued the "fuzzy" part to the strap. The other part of the velcro (the "teeth"?) was glued to the "base" of the strap on the roll bar. You can neatly cinch the strap, and it holds the kayak on the roll bar quite well.

This was a quick and easy fix, and I think it turned out great! I really don't mind the slight customization of the Panther, as I've got a mint yellow roll bars Panther coming! Hey Baron, let me know if you archive the pics, I'd like to see them on your site. Anyone else have any pics of their SAS collection? I love to see them...

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool! I'm working on a site update so they will be included. Are these the full-size images?

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    My SAS Wolverine has a tow rope, so I know they exist.

As far as the price you paid, it's probably "fair". The Blades figure without his logo is probably worth $30-35 and the Wolverine in that condition is probably worth another $40 - so you're right on track.

the most important thing, though, is that you're happy with it - and it sounds like you are. Welcome to the insane world of collecting international Joes!
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    My SAS Wolverine has a tow rope, so I know they exist.

As far as the price you paid, it's probably "fair". The Blades figure without his logo is probably worth $30-35 and the Wolverine in that condition is probably worth another $40 - so you're right on track.

the most important thing, though, is that you're happy with it - and it sounds like you are. Welcome to the insane world of collecting international Joes!
    I'd have to agree with the pricing, especially if you are picking this stuff up from North American collectors. I paid around $35 for a Blades figure with perfect paint/joints, but no SAS logo about 2 years ago (he makes a great "Night Force" Tripwire!).

I'll probably regret letting this "secret" out, but I find if you watch ebay.co.uk you can get some great deals. It might have something to do with me living in Canada, but I find most sellers will also ship to North America as long as you ask in advance. I've picked up my Red Jackal, Blades, Hunter, and Quarrel figures this way. Shipping costs seem reasonable as well (ie. I got a complete Panther about a year ago and it cost maybe $30 with shipping). Also, if you get a chance, check out the SAS MMS. It looks great behind the Panther!

Can anyone confirm the colour of the SAS Wolverine tow rope? Is it the same colour as the missles? I've got one on mine, but I'm pretty sure it's from one of the Slaughter's Mauraders vehicles.