1983 Doc variant?

yojoe.com

1983 Doc variant?

Anyone ever see one of these? I have an 1983 Doc with the sidearm unpainted. Also the arms are painted a lighter shade of brown than the regular version. I believe I got this one from a unique ebay auction that was full of unusual factory paint jobs. I sold a few of the figures to a member on this site but never got his handle. Maybe he can shed some light on the rarity or anyone else that knows something about this. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8270031.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	3832  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This is probably just a factory error. I have 3 tiger force recondos, 1 doesn't have the chest holster painted.

I have three Wild Weasels like this. All have a red non-painted holster on the leg. They also all came from the same store, since my two extras I bought off friends who got theirs at the same place I got mine. I also have a Wild Weasel with his jump harness unpainted, but only one of those and it came from ebay. I think that paint app errors must have been rather common in the early years.
    Net-Viper X
    Cobra Command Computer Interface Expert

Net-Viper X's G.I.Joe Customization Archive

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Agreed, factory errors are not that common but will occur. Unique thing about this doc, is the lighter color skin tone on the hands. Could be a batch change, but it is still different. I have been told, some of the mail order figures back in the day, may be slightly different than the MOC versions. Thanks for looking.