Black masked Destro is AWESOME!!! Favorite Destro Version

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black masked Destro is AWESOME!!! Favorite Destro Version

Man, I just got my Black Masked Arms Dealer Destro & Iron Grenadiers comic pack yesterday!

I opened it (its what I do) and I was just inspired to post this! This is THE BEST version of DESTRO to date as far as I am concerned!

I LOVE IT!! The color scheme is PEFRECTLY done IMO. The colors are just fantastic! It's just this classic 80's villain color scheme! I absolutely love it!

The Iron Grenadier is pretty cool too. I was dissapointed there is nowhere to put the little red gun, but other than that, a very cool figures as well.

I HIGHLY recommend this Comic Pack! ESPECIALLY if you can get the BLACK MASKED DESTRO version!!!

Anyway... just wanted to share my thoughts!
    Yo Joe!
    Last edited by GENERAL HAWK 7; 08-28-2008 at 11:26 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies...
    They are really good for nothing, but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You know a few weeks ago I passed on this figure 3 times because I didn't like it and already had IG Destro single release and was waiting to get a few IG's from the 3 packs. But the more I see this figure the more I want it and am kicking myself that I passed on it so many times. Now I'll have to pay triple or quadruple for it.

firefly owns you!

Quote Originally Posted by firefly owns you
    You know a few weeks ago I passed on this figure 3 times because I didn't like it and already had IG Destro single release and was waiting to get a few IG's from the 3 packs. But the more I see this figure the more I want it and am kicking myself that I passed on it so many times. Now I'll have to pay triple or quadruple for it.

Dude! That sucks man!
    Yeah, I actually didnt get the full effect of this figure until i took him out of package and then I was like WHOA!!! FANTASTIC!

I hope you can find another mate!
    They are really good for nothing, but they always bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

walked into TRU yesterday...at least 4 black masks and 5 or 6 golds...waited till the next day..GONE! all but two golds...DRAT! thats not the first time i have made the mistake of not acting on the first sighting. a little guy named Stalker in a yellow outfit...yeah!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL HAWK 7
    Man, I just got my Black Masked Arms Dealer Destro & Iron Grenadiers comic pack yesterday!
    This is THE BEST version of DESTRO to date as far as I am concerned!

I LOVE IT!! The color scheme is PEFRECTLY done IMO. The colors are just fantastic! It's just this classic 80's villain color scheme! I absolutely love it!

I HIGHLY recommend this Comic Pack! ESPECIALLY if you can get the BLACK MASKED DESTRO version!!!

Anyway... just wanted to share my thoughts!
    Yo Joe!
    If I'd known that you were going to have so much love for it, man, I would have held out for more before trading it to you! lol

Just kidding, glad I could help you out. That what its all about.

He is a nice figure though.
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

My wants

***/ (5#)####

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    If I'd known that you were going to have so much love for it, man, I would have held out for more before trading it to you! lol

Just kidding, glad I could help you out. That what its all about.

He is a nice figure though.
    Hahaha! Yeah really. Actually, I had no idea that I would even like this figure much. I just thought it would be neat to have a destro with a black head. But my expecations weren't all that high really. I love it when that happens! You get a figure and then once you have it out it not only meets your expecations, but exceeds them!

Thanks again for the trade Grunt! You might be getting the better end price/value wise, IDK, but for me...It definitely was worth it.

Both versions have eluded me. Both Walmart and Target in my area get hit hard by hoarders and scalpers and with the price of gas, I don't want to take chances going to other locations just to come up empty handed.

I haven't opened mine yet, I wanted to see if the price would go up a lot or just a little for the variant.

...and my wife doesn't know I bought it, lol.

I thought the black head might look cooler on an original IG Destro?

To me, Destro has a silver head. I'm glad that you have and like the black head the best, but to me, the DVD pack Destro is by far the most superior Destro released. I personally have little to no interest in black, gold, green, or pink-headed Destros. Now a black and gold-headed Saints fan Destro, I might pick up.

I like it too, but have yet to find one in person. Anyone have a handle on where I can pick one up email me: yelsew1979@aol.com
    Looking for a Convention Jinx MOC (The Black One). If you have one, let me know!