YoJoe Exclusive First Look — Wave 11 (aka Wave 7, 2008) Carded Figures - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    one of the bad guys in Die another Day had a thunderbird that was fully armed,fanboy #2 I guess

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Gee what happened to the card art? Cobra Flint seems kind of uninspired. And whats with Mask? Those guys weren't even the same scale. I mean the vehicles were cool, but I don't think the characters were anything special. I think hasbro is going in the wrong direction if they think they can shovel in other licenses.

Despite all that I think the figures themselves look great.

I like Airborne and the Cobra EEL the most. I do like the new Zartan, but I wish that it would have had the Chameleon in its original scale. The figure itself is great though.
    As for the new Scarlett figure, I think they should have done it, but done it appropriately and left the figure as Glenda. They almost did it with the Ninja-Ku/Storm Shadow. At least that figure didn't seem to be altered as much as this one.
    Flint in Cobra Gear...brother. It's a good concept I suppose, but I'm getting tired of Hasbro re-re-re-re-releasing the same figures with new paint, body, etc. Flint, Duke and Cobra Commander are suffering from Star Wars Syndrome. Not to mention the artwork is miserable at best. Hasbro could have at least lifted an image from the cartoon for the art. That could have been pretty cool.
    Finally, Trakker. I just don't care. The figure itself looks great, but I don't feel it has any place at all in the G.I.Joe line. If Hasbro wants to do M.A.S.K. again, then they should do it right and launch its own separate toy line. I think it would go over great seeing as the figure is awesome, but I just don't want it mixed in with my Joe collection when there are so many other great figures I STILL haven't seen re-made yet.
    Overall though, I do believe it is a solid Wave to be released and I will most likely try to collect most, if not all, of these figures.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I do like the Trakker figure, but what I don't like with him is that they've rewritten "history" by saying Cobra created VENOM. It they said Cobra and VENOM joined forces, then I could see it fitting it.

I really like the chibi swamp skier too.

John M
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Overall I am very pleased with this wave, but if I am going to be picky, then I could be happier with Zartan. I like what they have done with him overall, and I really like the new, subtle changes to the hood-sculpt. However, I think the clear window on the chest piece would be much cooler, even if they couldn't do the blue color-change stickers. The black on his chest and thighs makes him look a bit bland to me. He was my second favorite figure as a kid, so these little changes irk me a bit. He will take centers stage in my 25th collection, though, and quickly replace the lame-*** Devil's Due Zartan.

Is Zartan going to be part of the 10 pack that we are getting? If so, there might be hope to get a "cartoon-colored" Zartan in this new mold

I'm definitely going to try to get Sgt. Airborne, Scarlett, Cobra Eel, and Zartan. I want a few Cobra Eels. He will probably be the last figure for the line that I will army build.
    Last edited by Alchemist; 09-17-2008 at 10:57 AM.

hmmm, there are 2 mystery figures on the back of the card...anyone knows who they might be?
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)

That Scarlett card art is nice, I will be picking one up just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick
    hmmm, there are 2 mystery figures on the back of the card...anyone knows who they might be?
    First one looks like a Dreadnok (Ripper?) second looks like a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    First one looks like a Dreadnok (Ripper?) second looks like a ninja.
    Could it be Jinx???
    http://www.joetoonarchive.com/ - Great screenshot archive ;)