YoJoe Exclusive First Look — Wave 11 (aka Wave 7, 2008) Carded Figures - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    at least we will get a name plate with something other than Stormshadow on it I am going to ditch the figure and use the legions SS as the Ninja Viper.I wish they had put Ninja Ku on the black ones name plate

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sparks007
    I am going to ditch the figure and use the legions SS as the Ninja Viper.
    You mean "Ninia Viper," I believe

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    You mean "Ninia Viper," I believe
    I don't get it

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sparks007
    I don't get it
    Look at those pictures again.

are you talking about the pastel blue color? they should call that one ninny viper
    Last edited by sparks007; 09-19-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    Look at those pictures again.
    now I get it, darn typos.well there goes my plan

Quote Originally Posted by picollogoku
    Doesn't fit how so. In GI JOE mythos one of the main charcters is a silent ninja with mystical powers, 2 different guys talk to birds, and one has a magical steel mask that shows his expressions. Don't get me wrong to each his own and all but I think he fits just fine.

I have a feeling there is a lot more James Bond stuff out there then we will ever know about. I doubt there are flying Thunderbirds out there but I would totally believe a submersivable car, any vehicle with hidden guns, and any base of operations with hidden weapons of all shapes and sizes.

I agree w/ you hands down, entirely. The idea of placing the Matt Trakker piece as possibly concept is absolutely awesome. It took me a couple of glares to really discover, then I saw the name, and realized this is not a new figure. I'd be stoked to see the main villian for the bad guy line. But if hasbro is considering releasing the killer conceptual toy series in a revamp form, seriously they need to branch and release it on it's own w/ the Gijoe banter. I see the connection two between the James Bond and Thunderbird stuff. There are so many Spy toys out there that are extremely expensive that go back to the sixties, I'm sure their is some surbvasisve pieces out their (i.e funskool Streethawk in tribute to Streethawk t.v. series.
    This whole line or (wave I think looks outstanding. The Airborne artwork I still cannot get over. Now, that is beautiful..... And the Zartan, here I come! Perhaps we can see a club exclusive of Glenda w/ platinum body shield gloves, boots and highlights? And w/ the original blonde hair design? And how bout that African American Ninja Ku?? More african american figures would be cool too. Diversify.. That Lt. Claymore con. exclusive was just tippin the Iceberg. And I am feelin that new desert Cobra soldier w/ african skin tone.
    Cheers,
    cocoabononohead

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabononohead
    I agree w/ you hands down, entirely. The idea of placing the Matt Trakker piece as possibly concept is absolutely awesome. It took me a couple of glares to really discover, then I saw the name, and realized this is not a new figure. I'd be stoked to see the main villian for the bad guy line. But if hasbro is considering releasing the killer conceptual toy series in a revamp form, seriously they need to branch and release it on it's own w/ the Gijoe banter. I see the connection two between the James Bond and Thunderbird stuff. There are so many Spy toys out there that are extremely expensive that go back to the sixties, I'm sure their is some surbvasisve pieces out their (i.e funskool Streethawk in tribute to Streethawk t.v. series.
    This whole line or (wave I think looks outstanding. The Airborne artwork I still cannot get over. Now, that is beautiful..... And the Zartan, here I come! Perhaps we can see a club exclusive of Glenda w/ platinum body shield gloves, boots and highlights? And w/ the original blonde hair design? And how bout that African American Ninja Ku?? More african american figures would be cool too. Diversify.. That Lt. Claymore con. exclusive was just tippin the Iceberg. And I am feelin that new desert Cobra soldier w/ african skin tone.
    Cheers,
    cocoabononohead

I feel ya about the lack of diversity. Granted I am your standard white guy but I always felt the line lacked the mix. Granted you could argue Roadblock a guy that talks in verse. Spirt that talks to birds.

The sterio types are there but what about the regular mesh that exist. My wife is Peruivan but she does not ride a Lama. I am Irish American but I don't wear green 24 hours a day.

Wave 7, wave 8 (11 & 12)

So now that Hasbro has released official images, are they swapping the order as well? Looks like wave 8 (12) is now going to be wave 7 (11). Unless the information got mixed up, it looks like a release swap. That means the next round of Joes are going to be mediocre, while we wait until the Holiday Season to get the great figures. I was looking forward to every figure from the Airborne wave, but I doubt they will be easy to find during that time.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!