How many 25th Rattlers do you have? - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Unhappy Do NOT click on the (Creepily Subtitled) one!

Quote Originally Posted by Weezus
    rattlers?

my grampa told me all about rattlers.

sometimes we would be playing with our rattlers and then he would offer me a delicious Werther's Original hard candy.

now IM the grandpa! and my rattlers are carrying a cargo of pure delicious werther's originals across the mediterranian for my grandchilderen.

WERTHERS. YUM
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    ^ That bit is so good, I'm afraid it was wasted on this site.
    Pff. Some of us have a sense of humor. I got the reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozFoTGAlpJk

See also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw4Xw...eature=related

"It is reprinted by a smiling animation.
    Because he as for the one of a kind is because is it.
    The candy of Werther's Original is sweet and is creamy?A last brutal person grandfather old man.
    Grandpa last brutal person Werther's ・ O
    ニコニコ動画(RC2)‐W.O.のキャンディは甘くてクリーミーなのか?最終鬼畜祖 父ジイサン"

WTF?

Anyway, back to our reguarly scheduled topic: scalpers.
    I haven't been around much because Facebook is such a time suck. So join me!
    http://www.facebook.com/ambrosekalifornia
    AMBROSEKALIFORNIA'S MOST WANTED
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69678

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Unfortunately, the scalping discussion permeates a lot of other hobbies as well. I am a toy soldier collector and it is just rampant- all sorts of accusations and beating people up. The toy soldier crowd is a much smaller group of people with deeper pockets than us Joe fans. The toy soldier companies appear to be picking up on the "resell on EBay" crowd and have limited their production runs to as little as 35 sets globally. It creates artificial "value" in the set by restricting production. Now you have dealers who have to go and mediate and sell only one set to their customers and it ends up making the "Scalpers" made and angry. It's really a shame across the board. I'll admit, I can see both sides of the argument but to me, it's sort of like discussing gun control- really two sides to every point- no easy or clear solution.

Me personally, I don't buy and resell- personal preference, nothing more. I have found that as being a collector since the summer of '82, it all pretty much comes back around again in the end unless it's some kind of oddball piece or something. If I were to miss the entire 25th anniversary line, well, it would be a shame but I really wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Be well,
    CC
    I'm into Heavy Metal, mayhem and explosions.....

Has anyone else noticed that Target has started posting disclaimer signs in the Joe aisle??

I saw one the other day that read something like "We at Target discourage our employees from witholding hard to find collectible items and require that the shelves are fully stocked of inventory received. We strive to make acquisition of collectible items fair and balanced for all collectors."

Anyone else see any signs like this at Target??

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

ill buy and resell for what it costs plus five bucks for gas if anybody wants anything.

if i can find it

Quote Originally Posted by Currahee_Chris
    Has anyone else noticed that Target has started posting disclaimer signs in the Joe aisle??

I saw one the other day that read something like "We at Target discourage our employees from witholding hard to find collectible items and require that the shelves are fully stocked of inventory received. We strive to make acquisition of collectible items fair and balanced for all collectors."

Anyone else see any signs like this at Target??
    I haven't seen those signs, but I know they've got signs in the back room pertaining to collectibles. One of my buddies works at a Target. The sign states employees aren't to remove collectibles from the back room on customer request and that they are to be restocked when they are supposed to be restocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Compulsive Collector
    That's a terribly flawed attempt at defining the word.

By this definition, there are no toy "scalpers" anywhere, because none of them are capable of "buying up the entire supply" of an action figure or related item.

I think it's perfectly okay, and I couldn't possibly care less about what you think that tells you about me. Honestly, who are you that anyone else should care what you think about them? I don't whine when I can't find the latest new toys; I just do what I need to do to find what I want. I certainly don't contribute to this culture of constant complaining that becomes more and more prevalent every year in this hobby. What's "sad" is that anyone could believe he's in some position to form sound opinions as to what kind of people other collectors are, based solely on whether or not they join in with the Gripe & Groan mob. We collect items with a secondary market value, and anything that can be bought and resold for a profit inherently will be. If you don't like that, I recommend starting a rock collection.

You really don't have room to talk about "intelligent replies" when you reference "government" in a discussion about little plastic men. Seriously, none at all.
    blah, blah, blah,thank you for your two cents would you like change? now once again to get back on topic I am down to three.I was at Target looking at comic packs when I saw another Joe fan looking for a Rattler,and Conquest he was complaining about not being able to find the jets at any stores,and he wasn't going to pay $80 on ebay for a toy that his son was going to destroy.I cant blame him. he followed me to my house and gave me $53.00 for the two planes.I am sure he was buying it for his son because when he saw all my toys he gave me this look like,how old are you anyway.

Well maybe if you didn't buy them all up and hoard them so you could sell them, he would have found one at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra
    I haven't seen those signs, but I know they've got signs in the back room pertaining to collectibles. One of my buddies works at a Target. The sign states employees aren't to remove collectibles from the back room on customer request and that they are to be restocked when they are supposed to be restocked.
    Interesting- thanks for the info- certainly seems to make sense. It's kind of odd as I have 4-5 Target's in my area and this sign is only up at the one store and not at the others- perhaps the store manager made a copy of the policy and posted it up in the aisle based on complaints received from customers, etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoraider
    Well maybe if you didn't buy them all up and hoard them so you could sell them, he would have found one at the store.
    That is exactly I sold it to him at cost with no markup,you scalping these toys does not only effect collectors it effects kids also who are going to want these toys to play with.The new fans are what will keep Hasbro making these toys so we can collect them and children can play with them.I had to drive about 80 miles round trip to find the jets that I have and I have only seen Conquests on the shelf when they are showing up as available on the Target site.Chances are he would not have found these without me so I am glad that I hoarded a few to sell and keep one more person from giving there money to a bottom feeding scalper.Thanks for taking the bait and making my point for me.I remodeled 3 houses to pay for my wife's wedding ring it was hard work and it took a lot of my sweat and time.The ring cost me $15,000 and it was worth every penny.I guess you will never understand what I mean because you sold a few toys for yours man that must have been tough sitting around clicking refresh over and over.Scalping must feel kind of like taking candy from a baby man I bet that is a rush.

Hate to break it to you, but whether someone buys and resells the toys or buys them for thier kids the same amount is being sold. Sales numbers are all that matters to hasbro, they could care less who buys them as long as they sell.

Your buying up every plane you saw is no different than the "scalper" buying them. How many people went to that store looking for one and went away disappointed because "sparks" had them all sitting in his bedroom? One guy was lucky you were there, there to hoard more planes no doubt. You are no different than a "scalper" so take your self'righteous attitude elsewhere. I work just as hard as you do at my job. You are a grown adult that collects children's toys just like the rest of us, you are no better than me or anyone else in this community.