How many 25th Rattlers do you have? - Page 6

yojoe.com

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Talking Had me going for a second.. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Viper
    35 and counting! I have guys at all the Target stores in this corner of the state that hook me up. Nice discount too. And they are all MIB! These babies are going straight to ebay!!!! $$$$

I'm kidding by the way. Haven't found one yet.
    haha.. dang man, I was about to get evil on you there for a second, ..then I realized you were just kidding.. good thing..lol!! Because I hate people that buy dozens of them just to resell them for double or more than there worth on evilbay!

- CL
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Compulsive Collector

Maybe someone would have been willing to help you out if you'd just, I don't know, asked, rather than directing animosity toward anyone who happened to buy more than one.

Actually, (and I just love it when people quote me in a negative way) I have 2 trades going on now for MISB Rattlers! So whatever dude.

And btw: "Compulsive Collector", I never have had "animosity" toward people who buy a few to collect, just the ones that buy 'em all up, and resell them for double, or triple the prices on evilbay! Thats called greed.. now, on the other hand army building is okay (heck, I even army build myself "), but when you buy everything up just to resell them for a nice profit to desperate collectors, that's called greed.. and that was what I was trying to get at.

- CL
    Last edited by Cobra-Loyalist; 09-19-2008 at 12:36 AM.
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

We are heading down to that bad place again.for those who dont know where this story goes turn back to page 17 of forth coming Target exclusives thread and start reading by the time you catch up you will be in a happy place.http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=60135&page=17

they just restocked all the stores in my area if anyone needs one stay away from the bay
    Last edited by sparks007; 09-19-2008 at 03:22 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by woozyuzi
    People who buy 8 are why most of us can't find one to buy at retail...

But at least we can find plenty on ebay for $75 to $100 plus $25 shipping!
    That old song again? Reminds me of an ice cream truck.

That same predictable criticism was already made in another thread, peppered with accusations of greed, arbitrary buying limits, and a delusional sense of entitlement. When the harpies eventually found "THEIR" jets, they also bought multiples, and then they shut up; to that end, I hope you find one too.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 09-19-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: In my half-asleep attempt to respond, I misspelled "cream". Whoops!
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    Thanks for registering just to whine. There is some cheese for you at the door on your way out.

Not whining man....check ebay.....Unfortunately this is what happens everytime Hasbro decides to make something everybody wants an exclusive. Makes the scalpers happy. I don't feel my post deserved your hostility. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    That old song again? Reminds me of an ice creak truck.

That same predictable criticism was already made in another thread, peppered with accusations of greed, arbitrary buying limits, and a delusional sense of entitlement. When the harpies eventually found "THEIR" jets, they also bought multiples, and then they shut up; to that end, I hope you find one too.

Dude if I found 10, I would buy 2 at most. Simply because I like the way they are packaged. I have a 12 year old and a 4 year old who eat this stuff up so even stuff I would like to stay boxed usually don't end up that way for long. New stuff will never be worth what the old stuff is so end the end who cares.

There is greed....a fact of life.

Buying limits....totally absurd.

I'm the same. If I see a few I'd buy one maybe two. One to leave in the package and the other I'd have to break free from the plastic/boxed prison.

I should have started a different thread - "Who hates who for what reason." I think Hasbro releases G.I. Joe in limited quantities through retail and prohibits buying the cool stuff DTC on purpose. I think they then pull up a chair, maybe with a donut and coffee, sit back, and laugh their ***es off while reading the YoJoe forums.

Entitlement and deserve are two words that I hate in most circumstances. I've got seven Rattlers, as of this morning, by doing a bunch of leg work. Between intel from John Missal, a few of my friends helping out, and some homework on when Target restocks I've put some effort into it. I'm not sure how spending $200 on Rattlers is excessive. $200 in the G.I. Joe world these days isn't a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    That old song again? Reminds me of an ice creak truck.

Indeed. They occasionally even change their tune.

Oh, I meant something entirely different from what I actually said.

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra
    Entitlement and deserve are two words that I hate in most circumstances. I've got seven Rattlers, as of this morning, by doing a bunch of leg work. Between intel from John Missal, a few of my friends helping out, and some homework on when Target restocks I've put some effort into it. I'm not sure how spending $200 on Rattlers is excessive. $200 in the G.I. Joe world these days isn't a lot of money.
    It's not excessive. It's your money, so buy as many as you want. Only buying one (or two, or three, or four, or whatever today's "limit" is) doesn't make anyone a better collector. If you want thirty, then buy 'em. If people are patient, they'll find them. If they're impatient, they'll either spend more to get them via eBay, or they'll look for someone to blame.

And while I make no guarantees, as I don't know if my local stores will restock again today, anyone who hasn't complained about the quantities purchased by other collectors is free to contact me via private message. I'll be out over the weekend, anyway, so I could keep my eyes open for another Rattler. I would personally recommend waiting, as the secondary markup on these is dwindling as more and more hit shelves, but it's your dime for the shipping.
    Last edited by Compulsive Collector; 09-19-2008 at 09:53 AM.

So I was at Target right when they opened this morning, and got one.

I wish I could get more but I got nowhere to put 'em. For those of you that bought multiples and are going to open them, please post a picture, it would be cool to see them in a fleet. Maybe on your FLAGG?