Looking for a Cobra emlem wall stencil

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a Cobra emlem wall stencil

Just bought a house and am now in the process of painting the "toy room" I'm looking to paint the walls blue with a large Cobra emblem in the center. Anyone have any ideas where I can purchase a stencil to make it as accurate as possible?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Seriously doubt they make one. But you could make your own, shouldn't be that hard. You could get some really big posterboards fold them in half, free hand one half of the Cobra emblem on them and cut it out in similar fashion to the way you'd make a heart shape valentine card back in elementary school. Or you could go get a projector, project the emblem on the wall, and trace around it. I'd probably go the projector route myself.

print out or photo copy the image. then glue it to thin card board(like cereal box) or vanilla folder. then cut it out and youll have a perfect stencil.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by germ
    print out or photo copy the image. then glue it to thin card board(like cereal box) or vanilla folder. then cut it out and youll have a perfect stencil.
    A vanilla folder? (I'm speechless)
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Find a shop that does signs and vinyl. See what the price is for a large Cobra symbol that you can stick on your wall. If you ever get sick of it just peel it off.
    She said,
    "Don't you miss the mornings?
    Don't you miss those days?
    Don't you miss me, Baby?
    'Cause I'm fading away."
    -Adam Duritz

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    A vanilla folder? (I'm speechless)
    I perfer my folders Chocolate or Neapolitan, my self.

Anyway I digress...

I would just print out and make my own stencil, as suggested above. I bet it would work fine if you just used some heavier paper (like some people use for printing greeting cards or business cards)
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

ok wait...is it pronounced manilla folder ? haha

well, if you can find a print shop with a poster printer that isn't so strict with their copyright beliefs, take a B&W copy of an emblem to them and have it blown up to the size you want on very heavy stock paper... THen just cut it out. This is the only way I could think to get a rather large one.

If you know someone who has a projector you can also place a small Cobra cutout emblem over the lens and project the image on the wall. Then trace the image onto the wall and if it looks good use it as a template for your painting. I have seen this done before and it actually worked out pretty well.

Dan
    My Want List: http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=34870 Email me at dmooretoys @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) and let's deal!

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    I've been a mural painter since I was 14, and personally, instead of painting the logo, I'd go a different route. I was gonna buy a bunch of these. They're not as big as what I imagine you want, but they are kinda classy, and they'll keep your toy room from looking like a daycare center.

Oooooh, another idea would be to build a large scale version of that plaque out of wood and a blood red veneer...

Oh yeah, I knew a chick in Lexington who was making a large Misfits skull on her floor out of custom cut porcelain tiles. I've been thinking of doing the same for Cobra, but I'm mad lazy.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS