Lego Joes? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lego Joes?

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    Their NO WAR argument is obviously full of all kinds of holes

Look at Volkswagon and Bumblebee-given the car industry I bet they are re-thinking the stance on that given all the royalties that Chrysler made of the new Camaro
    Chrysler? Camaro? Saaaaay whuuuuut?
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    Chrysler? Camaro? Saaaaay whuuuuut?
    It sounded right in my head
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    I don't think there are any holes in the no war theme - there are no modern era military lines in Lego - and I think that is the whole point of their stance. The Indy line isn't a military line - it is fantasy - just like Star Wars. And the other stuff is either historic or fantasy as well. There has been no realistic, modern military line from them.

I know that Hasbro was approached for both GI Joe Palz and GI Joe Minimates and said no to both. I have seen mockups for the Minimates and it would have been something pretty cool.
    You're kidding, right? GI Joe IS NOT a modern era military line-How diluted is that?

Cobra La
    Star Brigade
    Street Fighters
    Fatal Fluffies
    What was that episode with the Ape Like caveman? (Satelite Down)
    Shipshape, Frogface and Leatherhead
    Aride, Serpentor, Arise
    The Phantom Brigade?

Do you want me to keep going?

Yup-real modern era there.
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You can spllit hairs all you want - it is more or less modern military which Lego doesn't do.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    It sounded right in my head
    You just described why, 99% of the time when I talk to women, I get slapped.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by zark1976
    The only Lego G.I. Joe I want is a Lego G.I. Joe video game with levels based on the various miniseries, movie and certain episodes. Oh that would be awesome.
    I have this all planned and written out. Seriously, it's all in a spiral. down to what parts for what characters and the minikits and bonuses. all the mini series... even operation: dragonfire. I just need to get traveler's tales (they made the lego sw, bm, and IJ games) to pick it up. but they don't seem real interested. If anyone can help me get this published, e-mail me (although I only get to check my e-mail once every week or two).

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    I don't recall army LEGOs, but I do remember one of my friends having a tank and some soldiers that were very similar to LEGO. There were other vehicles in the line, as well. I'm not sure if they're what you're remembering, though.
    Tyco (the toy company before being bought by Mattel) produced Mega Blocks back in the day, and one of the themes they did was a military assortment.
    Recently, Mega Blocks (the current makers) were doing a military assortment as late as 2004, though I haven't seen much in the last few years as I only live near Walmart (which barely carries Lego)

There were ads on my Dino-Rider VHS, the ads even promoted being compatible with Lego.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy
    Tyco (the toy company before being bought by Mattel) produced Mega Blocks back in the day, and one of the themes they did was a military assortment.
    Recently, Mega Blocks (the current makers) were doing a military assortment as late as 2004, though I haven't seen much in the last few years as I only live near Walmart (which barely carries Lego)

There were ads on my Dino-Rider VHS, the ads even promoted being compatible with Lego.
    That's interesting. Thanks for posting that information.

Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy

Good call (I found a photo) I probably thought they were Legos since we always had both mixed together when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtattoo
    theyre not official, but Old School Toys makes some great custom lego joes:

http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...ht=custom+lego

He does sell from time to time, and may do commisions.

*Edit*

That links no longer active.

His avatar is the Crimson Twins tho:

http://myworld.ebay.com/mar_audrey/?...=p3911.c0.m198
    Man, just found this one, a few years old but thanks a bunch for the plug. I do make them and it's a passion of mine. There are a few other people that have. If you search under auctions and customs I have a few up on ebay right now. I have concentrated on Cobra but have a few joe's made. Like you, I really wish they would have but sometimes necessity is the mother of mini-invention. I've invested an emmense amount of time making these while trying to stay true to the 80's joes and lego feel. All I ever wanted was for a magazine to publish them. But the response I've gotten from this boards members is enough for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cobra Officer2 (2).JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	437.4 KB 
ID:	6266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dusty.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	6267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firefly.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	6268