Lego Joes? - Page 4

yojoe.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lego Joes?

Quote Originally Posted by GI Steevy

Tyco

There were ads on my Dino-Rider VHS, the ads even promoted being compatible with Lego.
    I know I'm responding to an old post, but I loved those Tyco commercials on the Dino-Riders VHS! I wanted those military figures so bad, but never saw them in stores.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    I loved those Tyco commercials on the Dino-Riders VHS! I wanted those military figures so bad, but never saw them in stores.

I assume this is the commercial you're talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=bx7-oMZns_E

Looks like decent enough toys altough the figures seems slightly larger than the standard LEGO minifigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lody
    WHAT A GREAT IDEA THIS!

Then I remember the colossal failure of Built to Rule-why would LEGO be any different?
    Because Legos rock out with their block out . They have been around over 50 years and are huge sellers all over the world. They are fun and educational. Lego Star Wars is huge in retail and in the aftermarket.

GI Joe would be a great additon that could last for years to come if they based it off the original cartoon and toy line. Tons of characters, tons of vehicles and awesome playsets. The rights would have to be a lot less than they pay Lucas for Star Wars.

In defense of BTR that is what got me back into GI JOE. I had some original figs but not a ton of vehicles. They made great stand ins until I got real vehicle versions. I have all the first and second series sets. I no longer display any of them but I am saving them for my son when he gets older.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sfzdk
    I assume this is the commercial you're talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=bx7-oMZns_E

Looks like decent enough toys altough the figures seems slightly larger than the standard LEGO minifigs.
    Aye, that's the one. The figures were the same height as lego mini-figs. But they could not be taken apart to swap parts.