Lego Joes?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lego Joes?

Lego Joes?

Why doesn't hasbro make legos for the joe line? I'm not talking about built to rule with a regular size joe, but the mini figures like star wars has? That would be pretty cool.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Because they legally can't. LEGO would have to make them and purchase the rights from Hasbro to do it. (The mini-figure design is a patent by LEGO that they will fight to the death on).

I'm sure I can dig up TONS of legal materal on this, but the gist is that it ain't going to happen.

I actually asked a Hasbro designer at the 03 con when they debuted them, why they were going to delve into the brick idea and copy LEGO bricks and the guy actually looked at me like I was an idiot and that their BTR bricks weren't copies. I knew at that point they were doomed to fail (and they did)

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

The custom LEGO GI Joe mini figures that people made are really cool. It's too bad that there isn't a line.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The only Lego G.I. Joe I want is a Lego G.I. Joe video game with levels based on the various miniseries, movie and certain episodes. Oh that would be awesome.

Well, they aren't Legos, but licensed GI Joe mini/block figures actually exist :

http://www.medicomtoystore.com/medicomtoy-kubra.html

Well, they are GI Joes from the 60s, but. . .it isn't crazy to think that Medicom might do versions of the 3 3/4" characters at some point. Would be really nice if Diamond Select could go that route with Minimates (the greatest block figures in existence!)--they did produce GI Joe statues in the past, but it doesn't look like Hasbro is really keen on allowing non-Hasbro companies to produce GI Joe stuff at the moment.

WHAT A GREAT IDEA THIS!

Then I remember the colossal failure of Built to Rule-why would LEGO be any different?
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison
    Why doesn't hasbro make legos for the joe line? I'm not talking about built to rule with a regular size joe, but the mini figures like star wars has? That would be pretty cool.
    You're preachin' to the choir brother, so long as they're Lego and not some clown shoes imitator. If it ain't from Denmark; it's a pretend part...
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Lody666
    WHAT A GREAT IDEA THIS!

Then I remember the colossal failure of Built to Rule-why would LEGO be any different?
    LEGO is LEGO. There are tons of LEGO fans out there who are adamantly against buying any of the "fake" stuff, like BTR, Megabloks, etc. You wouldn't have just GI Joe fans buying them, but LEGO fans too.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Quote Originally Posted by DPrime
    LEGO is LEGO. There are tons of LEGO fans out there who are adamantly against buying any of the "fake" stuff, like BTR, Megabloks, etc. You wouldn't have just GI Joe fans buying them, but LEGO fans too.
    Ignoring the figures, building small, Lego versions of Joe vehicles is a great idea. Building 3 3/4" scale vehicles for regular Joes out of either Legos or other Lego-type blocks=stupid. . .unless you also release super-sized Lego Joes, which would be kind of stupid, too.

Quote Originally Posted by karamazov80
    Ignoring the figures, building small, Lego versions of Joe vehicles is a great idea. Building 3 3/4" scale vehicles for regular Joes out of either Legos or other Lego-type blocks=stupid. . .unless you also release super-sized Lego Joes, which would be kind of stupid, too.
    Good point.

I think the product would work if it were made by LEGO, for LEGO sized figures. Putting GI Joe figures into a LEGO tank or whatever was kind of stupid...
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.