Whats ur fav Gi joe comic story? - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mine

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/conventi...resafety.shtml

Maybe it lacks the drama of wiping out hordes o' Joes and Cobras...but it IS mine and something I'm proud of.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

IDW is releasing new TPB's of the Marvel run. Volumes 1 and 2, collecting issues 1 through 20, are available for pre-order from Amazon.com.

I really liked the last issue of the Marvel run. I thought it was really cool to see what kind of thoughts actually went through Snake Eyes' head. I also liked the issue where they showed flashbacks of Joe Colton and the original formation of the GI Joe team. I just found the issue, it was 152, commemorating the 30th anniversary of the original GI Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer-de-lance
    My favorite stories are when Stalker, Snow-Job, and Quick-Kick are in Borovian gulag issues #61-#66 and the Cobra Civil War and it's aftermath issues #73-#78. Classic issues by Larry Hama.
    I couldn't agree more!

A close third was the 'Death' issues that started this thread!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ialways liked issues 45and 46 where Ripcord was on Cobra Island and He switches places with Zartan. I also really enjoyed the 2nd year book with the return of the Oktober Guard.
    The Joe Collectin' "Geek"

I think my favorite is Cobra Reborn from Devils Due. Very cool story.

Cool

Off the top of my head...

Issues 26 & 27, the Origin of Snake-Eyes & Storm Shadow, but of course!

Tied for first place, and also my pick for most innovative single issue of any comic EVER... issue 21, the über-classic known as "Silent Interlude".

My runner-up is an issue I don't remember the number of off-hand, but it's one of the issues I read so much as a kid, that it was literally curled all up on the spine, and starting to fall apart... the classic "dog fight" story (issue # 34, maybe?) pitting Ace in his F-14 "Sky Striker" against Wild Weasel in his Cobra A-10 "Rattler", just one, issue-long dog fight, mano y mano in the sky! Definitely a personal favorite!
    Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 05-03-2009 at 12:45 AM.
    SHE TOLD ME IT WAS EITHER HER OR
    GREEN LANTERN
    I'M GOING TO MISS HER

My favorite has always been #61. The Stalker, Snow Job, Quick Kick & Outback in Borovria storyline. That was just such different story then the rest of the Joe stories, no Cobra, once captured no real fighting just the struggles of a gulag. And the moment when SE & SS enter the gulag to save their old Vietnam War buddy is just awesome. Stalker is so happy to see them.

My favorite of the DDP run is the Snake Eyes Declassified trade to read all 6 of the issues in one sitting and get the whole complex life of Snake Eyes is just an awesome hour of reading.
    GI Joe comic fan since 1982.

My first issue was 45, so that is my fav, but I really enjoyed the 2nd year book with the return of the Oktober Guard. I got this issue autograghed by Micheal Golden 2 years ago at Wizard World Chicago(which I have been going to every year, including this year, since '93).
    The Joe Collectin' "Geek"