AFA 60 USS Flagg! - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sold for $2235!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Isn't there an AFA 75 Flagg up now too? If so, I wonder if the presence of a higher grade one impacted the final price of this one - because it seems odd to me that an ungraded one would sell for $7,200 and a graded one would only sell for $2,200....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    Isn't there an AFA 75 Flagg up now too? If so, I wonder if the presence of a higher grade one impacted the final price of this one - because it seems odd to me that an ungraded one would sell for $7,200 and a graded one would only sell for $2,200....
    Yes, but the AFA 75 Flagg is not MISB! The AFA 75 Flagg is graded under AFA's new "Qualified Grading Scale".
    In order to be eligible for "AFA Qualified" grading, a boxed toy must contain new, complete, and unused contents and must not have a sealed blister which has been opened. Each "AFA Qualified" item will be cased with a blue (rather than red) label and will be accompanied by a document with detailed information about the item and contents.

I don't think the AFA 75 had any effect on the selling price of the AFA 60. On rare items like this, they sell themselves. If I didn't just spend $3000 on an AFA 80 pre rub yellow Bumblebee(the highest graded in the world, only 2 in existence), I assure you the price would have been higher!

The ungraded Flagg was in near mint condition and it was MISB! If the ungraded Flagg was submitted for grading, and graded an AFA 80 or 85, the $7,200 would have been a steal! I'm just not brave enough to throw $7,200 and take a gamble that the item wouldn't be graded!

Personally, I think this new
    "AFA Qualified" grading system is a joke, and an attempt to follow what CSG already does. I don't like this new grading system because sellers might not tell the buyer that the AFA item they are buyer isn't MISB! Now I will have to ask every AFA seller if the item is MISB, where before it was a given that the item was MISB.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

How do they make the box flaps stay closed on something like a FLAGG in the case? Extra acrylic blocks?