AFA 60 USS Flagg! - Page 2

yojoe.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kurthalsey
    A 60 grade is still considered "excellent".
    OK, so here is my chance to learn something about AFA policies....I was under the impresson that AFA didn't give grades lower than 60? Is the minimum grade actually lower than that?

If they have a minimum grade, what happens if someone sends in a total piece of junk to be graded? Does it get the minimum or do they refuse to grade it?

On one hand, it would seem that establishing a minimum would mean that there could be a wide range of quality lumped into the lowest grade category (and thus devalue any item that gets that grade)....but I also couldn't imagine being able to promote much value in an item that got an AFA 10....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    OK, so here is my chance to learn something about AFA policies....I was under the impresson that AFA didn't give grades lower than 60? Is the minimum grade actually lower than that?
    An AFA 10 is the lowest grade.

If they have a minimum grade, what happens if someone sends in a total piece of junk to be graded? Does it get the minimum or do they refuse to grade it?
    AFA will grade any item that qualifies for AFA grading.

On one hand, it would seem that establishing a minimum would mean that there could be a wide range of quality lumped into the lowest grade category (and thus devalue any item that gets that grade)....but I also couldn't imagine being able to promote much value in an item that got an AFA 10....
    You could always say, "This should have came back an AFA 20!"

I looked up Tunnel Rat once, and one had graded a 40. Yikes! Maybe it was 50... I can't find the reports page on the website anymore to save my life.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I looked up Tunnel Rat once, and one had graded a 40. Yikes! Maybe it was 50... I can't find the reports page on the website anymore to save my life.
    Correct, it was an AFA 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Last_2_Walk
    Correct, it was an AFA 40.
    I had this one UPS'ed to me in a bubble envelope... nothing else! Needless to say, a beautiful unpunched card was destroyed and crushed beyond belief. I always thought about sending it in to be graded to see if I could get worse than a 40, and how much worse!

I had this one UPS'ed to me in a bubble envelope... nothing else! Needless to say, a beautiful unpunched card was destroyed and crushed beyond belief. I always thought about sending it in to be graded to see if I could get worse than a 40, and how much worse!

Actually, unless the card has been cut or the bubble has a hole in it, I think this would grade higher than an AFA 40.

The auction was removed by ebay?

The item has been re-listed again!

I'm on it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GI-JOE-USS-FLAGG...QQcmdZViewItem

That sux, I hate when people pull that shizz!!
    Check me out on Ebay!!

REGARDS
    JJ

re: Tunnel Rat, a that point I'd just open him and try buying another MOC some other time

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    re: Tunnel Rat, a that point I'd just open him and try buying another MOC some other time
    Sadly, that would be the 2nd one I would have opened! I've bought 5 trying to find the best one. 2 came damaged, and 1 was perfect until I picked it up and the whole right side of the blister came unglued.

On a side note, man... I shipped 2 figures last week and both got damaged during shipping- a broken o-ring on one and then a bubble crack on the other and the figure's legs twisted to the side. These things are getting fragile beyond belief.