My first G.I. Joes....Do I have anything good.

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first G.I. Joes....Do I have anything good.

I just bought a bunch of 12"G.I. Joes from someone getting rid of their collection. They don't have boxes and I'm not sure if they have all of the pieces, there's alot though and they had it all separated for me. They've only been displayed, never played with, and they're in excellent condition.

If anyone knows the names of any of them I'd love to know! I bought these for my son for Christmas, he only has 2 but her really likes them so I'll give him a few on Christmas morning and then one every couple of weeks.

Also what are these guys worth? Not selling them, just hoping I got a really good deal.

Last edited by Amy; 12-11-2008 at 04:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

hi!

Hi, I hope your son LOVES Joes for a long time to come, mine does alright, but the old mans collections dishearten a young adventurer I'm afraid.

Most of the figures you have are late 90's and early 2000's, nothing super valuable but nothing to be upset over buying either. As for what you have (last post to first)...
    Photo 1 Looks like a Classic Collection Army Ranger, and to the right is one of the army Joes they coffin boxed not too long ago. Photo 2 I'm not to sure of.

Photo 3 is the lat 80's Hall of Fame figures Cobra Commander, Duke, Stalker, and Snake-Eyes.

Photo 4 the outside characters are hard to see. Inside it looks like a Hall of Fame Gung-Ho (Dress Marine) and a Pearl Harbor series figure, I'm not sure which one though.

Photo 5 is from the late 1990's and is from the Adventures line,the figure on the left is from the Challenge at Hawk River, and the character in the blue shirt is from Save The Tiger.

Photo 6 has a Combat Camo Duke from the Hall of Fame line, I don't know who the more articulated character is on the right. He may be part of G.I. Joe 2010 which came out right about the time Action Man was becoming a possibility for US marketing.

Photo 7 and 8 look very familiar but I'd be guessing until I look it up more.

Photo 9 is another Hall of Fame Duke and the character with the beard is a Hall of Fame Rock and Roll figure.

Photo ten has more classic collection characters, mostly Coast Guard (the one in the orange jumpsuit should have a gun draw action feature).

The in box picture you have is a submarine figure as stated on the box. A little harder to come by, but the clearest way to determine value is search for them on EBay and see what they sell for.

The second to last picture in that first post look to be some more 2010 figures and some Spy Troops era 12" figures. The one in the shorts and ocean blue camo top is Torpedo or Wet Suit, I believe. The last pic in the first post is a series of the coffin box Joes that came out a few years ago.

All in all, a nice haul of playable figures for him! Keep the boys away from Barbie though!

Talking Thanks!

Thank you so much for the reply. I did by these for my son to play with so it is probably good that they aren't worth much. I only paid $100 for the whole lot which isn't too bad.

Thank you for telling me their names. I want my son to know who they are.

Now I'm on a search for some vehicles. THEY ARE PRICEY!!

Hey, Do you like them? Thats the question, If the answer is YES then they were totally worth it. Dont let any one else tell you otherwise.
    As for 12" vehicles may I suggest Big Lots and KB toys Liquidators (For as long as there around) They usually have some 12" compatible vehicles laying around and for good prices too.
    Wanted: 3x Resolute Snake Eyes Glider Packs, 2X POC Spirit Vest, 2X Shocktrooper Helmets, Shocktroopers Please and Thanks!

"Who Are You?" "What Do You Want?" "Why Are You Here?" "Where Are You Going?"
    -The 4 Ideals of Babylon 5

Hickup, .
    Wanted: 3x Resolute Snake Eyes Glider Packs, 2X POC Spirit Vest, 2X Shocktrooper Helmets, Shocktroopers Please and Thanks!

"Who Are You?" "What Do You Want?" "Why Are You Here?" "Where Are You Going?"
    -The 4 Ideals of Babylon 5

You did well. They are not all that collectible however for value and playability, *invent-a-word!*, it looks like you got great deal. They all look like GIJoe brand stuff too. The only danger is once you start a collection, they take over!
    The next thing you know you'll be dropping the same amount on a single figure!

As has been said, they are not worth much although the original owner would have bought each of those for at least $10 (retail value). It's hard to resell those now. Anyway, try Big Lots they still have a few 1/6th 12" vehicles.
    jetski333

Wanted : 25th anniv AWE STRIKER MIB w/ Crankcase