UBP all gone? - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UBP all gone?

Quote Originally Posted by cgenterprise
    I just picked up my first UBP, and, with tax, it came out to $42.33. Like others have said, I feel this is a great price for what comes with the UBP.

A couple questions... anyone think these will be worth anything if they're left unopened? The massive plastic "windows" are super easily damaged, so I would think, in ten years or so, an undamaged MISB UBP may be kinda rare. Also, the Cobra Commander in my Trubble Bubble doesn't have a helmet, just a silver, odd-looking head. Is there a helmet inside the packaging? (I didn't notice this till I got home, and therefore, didn't look at the 6 other UBPs on the clearance shelf?
    I, too, picked this up yesterday at the clearance price. What a bargain! I had to look in a special isle of toys that were all clearance, but there were eight of these sets available. That's the amount of shelf space that forty-eight 25A vehicles would take up.

I don't think they'll be worth so much just because most of them have really terrible packaging. There's poorly-applied tape all over the place. Should-be-hidden tabs are visible on the bottom. Much of the packages have scuffs on the artwork. I opened mine, and I plan to sell or trade some things out of it.

All the helmets and gear, including Cobra Commander's, are packed away under one of the gorge edges, as well as all the sticker sheets, file cards, and blueprints.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D
    Rooster3D at deviantArt. Dig around for GI Joe in 3D!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cgenterprise
    I just picked up my first UBP, and, with tax, it came out to $42.33. Like others have said, I feel this is a great price for what comes with the UBP.

A couple questions... anyone think these will be worth anything if they're left unopened? The massive plastic "windows" are super easily damaged, so I would think, in ten years or so, an undamaged MISB UBP may be kinda rare. Also, the Cobra Commander in my Trubble Bubble doesn't have a helmet, just a silver, odd-looking head. Is there a helmet inside the packaging? (I didn't notice this till I got home, and therefore, didn't look at the 6 other UBPs on the clearance shelf?
    i am leaving my packaged...it looks cool the way it is,plus i have a friend comeing to my house to give me another one,well not give i am giveing him a flagg as a trade(i know what you are thinking)i am just helping another collector out plus i need some room

I went to Target the day after Christmas to get mine for about 10 dollars off the price. I really wasn't worried about the price since for now I think it is the only way to get a Short-Fuze figure to go with my original Joes group and i think the Steeler fig looks better than the one that comes with the armadillo. The cobra trooper and hiss driver are great troop builders and the tanks adds to the armory. I have 3 Targets close and the one that I bought mine at is out, but the next closest had 14 before Christmas and still have the majority of them scattered through the toy isles so I'm waiting for those to go on clearance to maybe pick depending on my funds.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derby0187
    well not give i am giveing him a flagg as a trade(i know what you are thinking)i am just helping another collector out

I will bring you two UPBs and I will make the drive to Killeen to bring them to you!
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan

I will bring you two UPBs and I will make the drive to Killeen to bring them to you!
    well he just came a few minutes ago and piced up the flagg...all i have left is just flagg parts now like the deck pieces,superstructor,box,and a few smaller pieces.....not sure what to do with them...either sell them or trade them

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derby0187
    well he just came a few minutes ago and piced up the flagg...all i have left is just flagg parts now like the deck pieces,superstructor,box,and a few smaller pieces.....not sure what to do with them...either sell them or trade them
    Sent you a PM.....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

i need some of the superstructure parts pm sent

The Target in Mantua, NJ has 7 UBP on clearence for 38.48 each. They had 9 but I picked up two today.

Anyone need extra parts from the UBP? I'm trying to move Destro, CC, Crimson HISS, HISS Driver, and Steeler. Everything else I'm keeping. Offer me a reasonable price or trade. The link to my trade/want list is in the sig.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D

The PMs are coming in!
    Last edited by Rooster3D; 01-14-2009 at 02:40 PM.
    Scot, aka Rooster3D