UBP all gone? - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UBP all gone?

I spotted them for $44.08 today. I shedded my reciept a while ago but it didn't matter. Target has a slick system to process returns with the credit card you bought it with. So I bought one with a card I don't use much and walked out to my car with it. I scraped off the clearance sticker and went back in with my normal credit card. I was amazed how they just scanned the box, swiped my card and handed me a receipt. It took 20 seconds! So I got $20 back really easy and now I have a receipt to do it again if the price goes down again.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

And that is what we call "return fraud"

:-)

They're $38 at my store.

John M>
    Apparently one of the longest standing members of Yojoe.com is now a troll. OK then... This troll is going to find a bridge somewhere and play Warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    I spotted them for $44.08 today. I shedded my reciept a while ago but it didn't matter. Target has a slick system to process returns with the credit card you bought it with. So I bought one with a card I don't use much and walked out to my car with it. I scraped off the clearance sticker and went back in with my normal credit card. I was amazed how they just scanned the box, swiped my card and handed me a receipt. It took 20 seconds! So I got $20 back really easy and now I have a receipt to do it again if the price goes down again.
    Doing it one time I can understand. but continuing to do it to make money would be clear fraud

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal

They're $38 at my store.

John M>
    thanks for pointing that out about both return methods, I almost did but im too wishy washy...
    not only is it return fraud but it can get you banned from the store or blacklisted (not allowed to do returns) at the least.
    It all depends on the store and their policy.

Picked up two more tonight for $38...

A-frickin'-mazing...

How can anyone complain about a set that comes with three vehicles and 7 figs for only $38. That is utterly ridiculous. I bought my set and will contemplate picking up another. We were paying $15 for the HISS alone...and $7 for single pack figures. This set at $38 is just ridiculous...yet great...gotta love G.I. Joe...

etmartin
    Check out my ebay auctions under the ID etmartin

Thanks,
    etmartin

Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Can someone explain to me exactly what the fraudulent action was?

I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be facetious, as I try to insulate myself from accidental/petty offenses, if only for the sake of more ambitious pursuits.
    Last edited by Super Sport; 01-09-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    I'M A MAC

NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

Want LiSSt...

TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Quote Originally Posted by etmartin
    How can anyone complain about a set that comes with three vehicles and 7 figs for only $38. That is utterly ridiculous. I bought my set and will contemplate picking up another. We were paying $15 for the HISS alone...and $7 for single pack figures. This set at $38 is just ridiculous...yet great...gotta love G.I. Joe...

etmartin
    Why I have 1 in box (W/ clearance sticker no it) and am opening the other 3.

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal

They're $38 at my store.

John M>
    why would it be fraud? Target doesn't differentiate a UBP bought for $63 from one bought for $44. what if you kept them both MIB, and simply returned the one you bought for $63 with that receipt after you bought another for $44? that isn't any different than doing the return of the $44 one with the $63 receipt.

that's Target's policy, to allow you to return the same item within 90 days. a UBP is the same item regardless of when you bought it or how much you bought it for.

Returning it with a receipt isnt fraudulent. I work in retail and we actually have a 30 day price match policy. What I saw today was fraud. A ubp was returned and put on the shelf. Inside it was a black HISS,TF Duke and Flint, a Destro with CC head and multiple non-Joe figures. Kinda makes you wonder why someone would pay 7 bucks a fig and 15 for the HISS just to return them in another box. Doesnt make sense to me.