UBP all gone? - Page 8

yojoe.com

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: UBP all gone?

I plan on buying two of them but I was waiting for them to go down in price. Guess I'm going to Target tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think somehwere somone is thinking that I am going to continue to buy clearanced sets but get the full price refund on them. That isn't what I meant. I bought one for $63, opened it, lost the receipt. Bought another for $44, took it back using the $63 receipt they pulled using my credit card. I don't consider this fraud. Target won't adjust prices on clearance items. But if one is in stock for clearance, I can certainly buy it and return the old one. That is will within my rights. I still have all the packaging and everything. Would they really want the opened one or would they rather have one that is still all sealed up? One way or another, I am getting my money back.

So now I have a receipt in hand that says I paid $44 for mine. If the price drops to $38, then I could buy the $38 one and return the $44 one. Again, no fraud. Just doing what Target's own policies allow me to do. I don't know that I would bother with the $6 different though.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox91
    I think somehwere somone is thinking that I am going to continue to buy clearanced sets but get the full price refund on them. That isn't what I meant. I bought one for $63, opened it, lost the receipt. Bought another for $44, took it back using the $63 receipt they pulled using my credit card. I don't consider this fraud. Target won't adjust prices on clearance items. But if one is in stock for clearance, I can certainly buy it and return the old one. That is will within my rights. I still have all the packaging and everything. Would they really want the opened one or would they rather have one that is still all sealed up? One way or another, I am getting my money back.

So now I have a receipt in hand that says I paid $44 for mine. If the price drops to $38, then I could buy the $38 one and return the $44 one. Again, no fraud. Just doing what Target's own policies allow me to do. I don't know that I would bother with the $6 different though.
    that isn't fraud. Target allows for you to return the same item within 90 days. all UBP's are the same item, regardless of how you came into possession. if you bought a UBP, opened it, then got another as a gift, you could return that gift one with the receipt you bought your original one for, and they are the same. returning the same item with a receipt is Target's policy, and any return fits into that criteria. I'm allowed to return any UBP within 90 days of my purchase because they are all the same item, and that is the only criteria Target has for the return with my receipt. if not, I wuoldn't be allowed to do it.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by etmartin
    How can anyone complain about a set that comes with three vehicles and 7 figs for only $38. That is utterly ridiculous. I bought my set and will contemplate picking up another. We were paying $15 for the HISS alone...and $7 for single pack figures. This set at $38 is just ridiculous...yet great...gotta love G.I. Joe...

etmartin
    I'm going to complain....complain that I don't have enough room in my house for all the sets I want to buy. I'm also going to complain because if they discount these any further, I will be FORCED to buy more sets...room be damned!!

I bought 5 of these sets at full price. I open all my stuff immediately, so I couldn't return it if I wanted to. The truth of the matter is I'm satisfied with paying full price for these sets because I feel like I supported the line and that it will help Hasbro put out more sets like this. While I felt that $65 was "barely" worth this set, I could easily envision better repainted sets with 3 vehicles and 7 figures that would be worth $65 dollars to me. For instance, if Hasbro had a set painted entirely in Joe Vs Cobra Python Patrol colors that included a Fang, Hiss, and Stinger (again in PP colors) and troops in that color scheme as well...well I wouldn't be able to get my hands on enough sets.

Quote Originally Posted by John Missal
    And that is what we call "return fraud"

:-)

They're $38 at my store.

John M>
    Sorry John, but I'm going to have to side with the others here and disagree with you on that. It may be against Target's policy, but I don't think any judge would side with them on that should they ever choose to pursue it in the courts. I don't recall the cashier explaining to me that "Yes, we have a 90 day return policy. Except we'll only price adjust within 14 days, and then only if the item didn't go on clearance, and only if the moon is blue and it's the fifth Tuesday of the month and the person working the return desk has something blue in his/her pocket and..." As soon as the cashier's start explaining every exception to Target's 90 day return policy at the register before I swipe my card, then maybe I'll agree with you.

Frankly, having worked in retail (RadioShack) for many years, I can't understand why Wal Mart and Target think it is okay to have a price adjustment policy different than their return policy. If I have a receipt and the item goes on sale within the return policy limit, it is far easier to give me the money back than have me buy another one, and then have to hassle with stocking it back on the shelf (or are you saying I can no longer return the original with my original receipt?). I could have returned my original, still had every piece and the packaging, although I doubt Target would ever be able to restore the packaging to the original state.

The problem is that these stores want to clear out old merchandise quickly. So within days we go from no discount, to 15, 30, 50, 75, 90 whatever. As a customer, there is a lot of incentive for me to want to get my 30% discount two days after I bought the item when it wasn't discounted. If it had dropped to 10%, I wouldn't have bothered to get a few bucks back. If Target had kept it at 10% until the original 90 day return cycle had passed, there wouldn't be a problem, the most Target would be out by price adjusting through the whole return cycle would be the 10%. But Target wants to drop Christmas items immediately, so they go to 90% within 90 days of when the stuff originally appeared in stores, then complain when someone wants to rebuy and return? Sorry, can't have your cake and eat it too.

However, if they really want to try that, they could always permanently mark the package on clearance items so that this couldn't happen. But again, I'm sure they did the math and it would take more $ to pay people to do that than they are losing on people who figure out that they can exploit this gap between the return policy and the price adjustment policy.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L
    I'm going to complain....complain that I don't have enough room in my house for all the sets I want to buy. I'm also going to complain because if they discount these any further, I will be FORCED to buy more sets...room be damned!!
    Currently I'm staying at my folks' place until Feb (when I move back west to my job and buy a house) and I know they are going to go nuts if I bring home a few more sets. Must... not... buy... more... sets....

Though they do take up less space when you open them. haha!

fifth paragraph last sentence explains where John is coming from. Its the retailers point of view:

http://www.nrf.com/content/default.a...Survey2006.htm

Quote Originally Posted by skinny
    fifth paragraph last sentence explains where John is coming from. Its the retailers point of view:

http://www.nrf.com/content/default.a...Survey2006.htm
    I think wardrobing is when someone buys an outfit wears it once and then returns it? I am not sure how it applys to this.My wife payed $63.00 for one of mine and I payed cash for another at the same price and have no receipts.I am happy with the purchases I have made. It doesnt matter that I payed full price, as much as retailers are hurting right now ,someone has to do it to make it worth their while for more sets like these in the future. I will probably pick up another for $38.00 though just because I can.

Also when retailers have bad sales people lose their jobs,I'm just saying .
    Last edited by sparks007; 01-10-2009 at 08:41 PM.

I think returnig an item with a different receipt is a little shady...but I'd do it too. Especially for this set that really is over-priced.

Anyway I'm glad these things are hitting clearance. Better chance for someone to sell me a Short-Fuze, lol.

oh no i wasnt "judging" anyone here at all I am just saying that anytime retailers think they are losing money, they do everything they can to prevent it.
    anytime that retailers cant sell an item at 62 and wind up selling it for 38 they think they are losing money.
    One time I bought a star Wars 12 Emporer fig, and a few days later it went lower so i tried to get a price adjustment. no go. so I returned it, got my money back, walked back to toys grabbed another one off the shelf and purchased that one.
    the "shady" part ( if any) here is the switching of the receipts.

This whole philosophy while off topic for sure is why most stores dont have layaway anymore. Because if no one picks up their layaway, by the time it hits the shelf again its on clearance...the store loses money( at least in their eyes).

This has nothing to do with legality, it has everything to do with money money money.

this is the key sentence in that paragraph:
    Retailers often cannot resell this merchandise at face value and are forced to either heavily discount or discard the used merchandise.

on topic: the last time I checked our target had three very beat up UBP sets still at the 54.99