UBP all gone?

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UBP all gone?

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar

UBP all gone?

When these first came out, I saw them at every Target in the area (though none had more than 1 or 2 on the shelf).

A week later, they had all vanished and I haven't seen one since. I know our resident Target expert had opined that they would be plentiful.....I was wondering if this was still the case, or if I should rethink buying one. My original plan was to wait for them to go to clearance, but they can't clearance them if they're sold out.....in which case, I might want to pick up the next one I see regardless of price.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have seen plenty here in Tampa. Im like you, hoping they go on clearance. One Target here has 3 but the larger Target has 4 on display and about 8 or 10 on the top of the overflow rack. Been like that for over 2 weeks so I doubt theyre going anywhere.

They're pulling the same crap they did with the exclusive vehicles in the spring. They have them in the back (you can check the computer) but no spot allocated for them in the aisles. So now they will sit in the back until clearance, most likely.
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've yet to actually see these on the selves, or a price tag for where they'd be for that matter. It doesn't really matter to me though, since I wouldn't but it if I did see it. Just out of curiousity I asked one of the guys working in the isle and he didn't remember ever seeing it either. He said the most expensive joe item he'd ever seen was the two planes.

I did manage to find the shark, firebat, and vamp all priced at 10 dollars at our local k-mart though. I never go in there since its so crappy, the joes are just kind of strung out in 3 different isles and all priced at 9.99 with the vehicles running 20-25 dollars, and the old 5 packs still at 30 bucks. They were having what they considered a big sale, even though on sale the joes were still more expensive then at wal mart. I asked one of the guys working there if they were on clearance because they weren't selling well. He told me they were selling fine and that they just wanted to get rid of their stock during the holidays. According to him once the new year hits they have plans to jack the prices up. I'm hoping this is just a stupid move on their part and not something that other stores are planning.

Still plenty in the Seattle area. I think they are a tough sell at the price this year.
    My eBay store with an over 12,000 feedback rating
    WANTED carded 1982-88 Joes for my collection

You can’t stop the signal

I just saw a full endcap of them last night. And last week this same Target had the same full endcap.

now we just need our "resident Target expert" to PM us the clearance date!

These are kind of piling up here.

I've seen them at every Target I visit. The ones that aren't there are easily found on eBay and at trade shows, of course. I'm actually very glad they have been prevalent in my area, because I would hate to pay an inflated price on a box that's already pretty high.
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunknmunky
    I have seen plenty here in Tampa. Im like you, hoping they go on clearance. One Target here has 3 but the larger Target has 4 on display and about 8 or 10 on the top of the overflow rack. Been like that for over 2 weeks so I doubt theyre going anywhere.
    Another Tampa collector? Welcome!

I was in Target yesterday and had 3 on the shelf. Still plenty to go around.