Another "Can someone identify a Joe knock-off?" thread

yojoe.com

Another "Can someone identify a Joe knock-off?" thread

I stumbled upon an eBay auction with a peculiar figure in it. I believe I used to have a figure from this line when I was young, but I can't find anything on the toyline. I strictly remember the prevalent red/yellow/blue color scheme. The figure I'm talking about is in the second row next to Outback. Any ideas?

Item #170287199619

The figure I used to have had a red vest, blue sleeves, and a flat top ala Mercer v.1.

Ben

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I cannot remember the name, but each figure comes with battle armor or a mini vehicle. They can all combine to form a helicopter, jet, or a tank. Plus all three vehicles can combine to form a mega vehicle.
    Chris

I'm just wondering who the little robot looking guy is. is that a micronaut?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman2099
    I'm just wondering who the little robot looking guy is. is that a micronaut?
    The blue translucent figure in the upper left is a Micronaut, yes.

They're called "Unifighters". Made by Galoob. Kinda hard to find, I lucked out and got a few from one seller. They're cool, if bright, figures.
    Last edited by r07a23c; 12-18-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Yeah, UNI-FIGHTERS from 1991. Each figure came with a backpack/armor of sorts that turned into a mini-vehicle which was part of a larger vehicles. Some figure parts were reused. Part of them were made of softer plastic like new sculpt/25th. (Makes one wonder why it took Hasbro so long to do that with ARAH hands.) I think they reused parts, too, not every figure was a unique sculpt.

There were 4 teams with a few members each. Marine Helicopter (3), Air Force Jet (3), an odd Navy hovercraft (4) and an Army tank (5).

I had 2 Navy, 1 air force and maybe one marine. The figure in that lot looks to be Air Force.

I asked for them on Xmas, but looking back I should've asked for Joes. The figures were fairly cool, the vehicle pack thing was lame. The vehicles they formed were silly and undersized. The figures were $10 each at Kay-Bees, IIRC.

Carded example here
    Unifighters figure

Info in an old yojoe.com newsletter
    Yojoe Newsletter Issue 12
    Last edited by Bravo; 12-18-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Here's a catalog pic if you want to try to find your specific figure. (Sorry for the size; this is all I could dig up.)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...y/scan0005.jpg
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/PROPAD%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/PROPAD%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.jpg[/IMG]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w46/onechancefancy/scan0009-1.jpg
    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...y/scan0006.jpg
    "The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play."