Why doesn't Hasbro AFA other lines?

yojoe.com

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member Super Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Posts
    5,072

    Why doesn't Hasbro AFA other lines?

    What's up with Hasbro only AFAing Joe Stuff? Yeah, they have AFAed items from their other lines, but they're entirely SDCC Exclusives. As it stands, Joes are the only mainline stuff they've made the effort with.

    Is it that the mainline TF and SW collections are too vast to have graded? And their packaging and price points too varied, where as the Joe line's uniformity lends them to grading en masse? Or maybe they're just testing the waters with Joes before they throw their other properties in for a swim?

    And why no graded vehicles? Perhaps Hasbro knows their window boxes are crap, and would only result in low grades?

    Thoughts?
    I'M A MAC

    NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

    Want LiSSt...

    TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    1,763
    Personally, I think it's bunk that Hasbro even sends stuff to AFA....especially when there are people whose orders from HTS can't be filled with those same items that they sent in for grading.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

  4. #3
    Sir Ban-A-Lot Da_Last_2_Walk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Da Liquor Store
    Posts
    1,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    What's up with Hasbro only AFAing Joe Stuff? Yeah, they have AFAed items from their other lines, but they're entirely SDCC Exclusives. As it stands, Joes are the only mainline stuff they've made the effort with.

    Is it that the mainline TF and SW collections are too vast to have graded? And their packaging and price points too varied, where as the Joe line's uniformity lends them to grading en masse? Or maybe they're just testing the waters with Joes before they throw their other properties in for a swim?

    And why no graded vehicles? Perhaps Hasbro knows their window boxes are crap, and would only result in low grades?

    Thoughts?
    Damn, I tried to get in before the AFA hatin' started, but.....

    I'm glad they are AFAing the 25TH Joes.

    I don't know their reasoning, but I think maybe it's what you mentioned about testing the waters.

    Maybe AFA made Hasbro a deal on all the SDCC items?
    Last edited by Da_Last_2_Walk; 01-04-2009 at 05:11 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    1,763
    No need to be so sensitive.....I didn't say anything negative about AFA. The "bad" here is on Hasbro.

    They are refusing to fill orders from consumers in order to send those items to AFA for grading instead. They will then sell those items to AFA collectors for several times more than they offered to sell them originally.

    If Hasbro doesn't intend to sell items, they shouldn't list them on their website as for sale.....
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

  7. #5
    Maybe HTS should concentrate on getting out their NON AFA graded stuff to customers in decent condition, rather than trying to sell their own stuff at ridiculously inflated prices; I've heard some real horror stories from Transformers collectors about the state their orders turned up in.

  8. #6
    Member Super Sport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Poverty's Paradise NM - Home of the Nuclear Holocaust, Green Chile, Pink Skies, & Blue Meth...
    Posts
    5,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Last_2_Walk
    Maybe AFA made Hasbro a deal on all the SDCC items?
    Just based on volume, there's no doubt Hasbro worked out a deal with AFA for reduced fees when they began with the grading of 07 SDCC Exclusives. Even if they did it for free, it's great p.r. It's like Hasbro gave AFA their blessing as a legitimate collector's resource.

    Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    Personally, I think it's bunk that Hasbro even sends stuff to AFA....especially when there are people whose orders from HTS can't be filled with those same items that they sent in for grading.
    What's puzzling to me is why they bothered to grade peg warmers. Perhaps they're the downside of sending in sealed cases for uncirculated grades?
    I'M A MAC

    NEEDED: SDCC Gold PDD, SDCC Blue Suited CC, SDCC TTT SGT. Slaughter, SDCC Starscream, SDCC Shockwave, FSS Nano BATs, FSS Desert Scorpions & FSS CGIs, MISB/UNUSED MIB M.A.S.K. stuff, a factory tachometer for a 65 Chevy Impala, lawyers, guns & money...

    Want LiSSt...

    TOP FIVE:
    Dondi CIA
    Bates AIO
    Dream TDK
    Jepsy TRD
    Bob Ross PBS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •