Misb Flagg

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Misb Flagg

Misb Flagg

Can someone please describe or provide pics of how the the USS FLAGG is sealed? I have a FLAGG in Box that is taped on both sides. I bought it back in '99 from a local Antique Shop. It has remained taped all these years exactly as I bought it. Today I wanted to check the inside, but I don;t want to break the seal if it is MISB. Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I Bought one back in 2000 something. Mine was sealed with only glue. There was no tape on it at all. It was something though. The FedEx guy had to wheel it in the house onto the living room floor!

Too bad I had to sell it... Ah well, I still have some pictures and some awesome memories...

SkyBuzz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USSFlag1.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	4259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lighted1.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	4260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lighted4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	4261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deck2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	4262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chopper3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	4263  

Sorry, I'll see about finding my MISB pics. Many were put on disc before my old computer broke. Eventually when I find them, I'll put them up.

SkyBuzz

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hrm, how do you know its really in there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbot
    Can someone please describe or provide pics of how the the USS FLAGG is sealed? I have a FLAGG in Box that is taped on both sides. I bought it back in '99 from a local Antique Shop. It has remained taped all these years exactly as I bought it. Today I wanted to check the inside, but I don;t want to break the seal if it is MISB. Thanks!!!
    It may be easier if you took pics of both sides of your box so we could see what the tape/seals look like. I know there are people on here that could tell you for sure weather or not the tape on both box flaps are legit if you provided pics of them.

Good idea. I sure will. Thanks!

In the meantime, I can tell you it's a clear tape with no lettering. It seems rather thin. My assumption is that it is not original and was only used to keep the contents together. The box itself is pretty sturdy, allowing me to believe that it still the parts inside in boxes.

I wanted to make sure before I made a booboo and ripped it apart. I don't have anyroom to put up the FLAGG. I just got the erge to look inside because I brought out my Defiant to look to see if I could find Hardtop's gun. The Defiant was definitely opened as it had tape ontop of tape. And no.....no sign of Hartop's gun. But I did find some very nice uncut filecards
    Last edited by Bigbot; 01-10-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satandy
    Hrm, how do you know its really in there?
    i have to admit i agree with you,i am a collcetor but i am still skeptic about buying misb....i mean you intend on keeping the value of it by keeping it sealed.....but are you 100% sure that the contents are legit.i am sure there are alot of scammers out there.
    for instance i know its not the same subject but the idea is the same.i used to be a manager at a autozone store.well we sell and also do returns.i sold a brakemaster cylender to a customer one day (it was sealed by glue).needless to say he came back ****ed off.there was no part just a red brick.cometo find out by pulling the history of the partnumber.that item was sold before and returned for a full refund thinking it was still sealed and new and just restocked on the shelf.what i am trying to say is that anything can happen with people these days.i hope you all get my point.......besides anything i get thats sealed i open it up and way and put it togther,i prefer to look at the piece and not just the box

Here you go folks...please let me know what you think. Obviously the Defiant is opened. I need to know if this is how the FLAGG came as I am not familiar with how it was originally sealed.

http://i310.photobucket.com/albums/k...3/DSC03050.jpg

I admit that I to am unfamiliar with how the Flagg was sealed; but if that's a factory seal then I'll eat my hat. Before I went back to school I worked retail and I have never seen a factory tape seal use either ordinary clear packing tape or have a cross strip (which is off center to boot) for support.

My thoughts are that the 2 flaps don't meet very cleanly- quite a great deal of space and unevenness under the tape. I would think a factory seal of a brand new square box would be more perfect of a meeting of the flaps.

Also, the ripped off section on the red stripe would might make me think that the original tape pulled that part of the packaging off when it was removed originally.

Just my thought though.