Would you buy a 25th Barack Obama ? - Page 10

yojoe.com

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Making a figure of anybody current would be too niche; It would only appeal to people with an affinity for the individual. As others have noted, a generic president figure would make a lot more sense, if it makes any sense to make one at all.

Out of curiosity, what acc's would a President figure have?

And to answer the question: No. I stopped buying 25th sculpt figs a long time ago.
    Last edited by r07a23c; 08-06-2009 at 02:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

YEP. ID BUY ONE (WAY BETTER THAN AN OBAMA MAGAZINE)

he would have to have his cobra outfit on though..

oh yeah.. he should definitly NOT come with a "launcher"
    but then again.. a launcher disguised as a podium.. now that might be cool..

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Volleydan
    I would also vote for a generic "President" figure. That way, the figure is never "dated" by who is actually in office at the time.

If they do decide to make actual President figures, I would hope that they keep it to Presidents who actually have military service......30 have and 13 haven't, according to my "quickie research".
    I don't think that's necessary - by virtue of being the president, they're the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. That's deserving enough.

(BTW, I'm in no way belittling military service - I'm a career military officer myself.)
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Quote Originally Posted by DPrime
    I don't think that's necessary - by virtue of being the president, they're the commander-in-chief of the armed forces. That's deserving enough.
    Absolutely.

And personally, I don't see any problem with a "dated" figure. I mean, so what? The next time a new POTUS is elected, Hasbro could simply release a new figure. A former President would certainly be less "dated" fifteen years after leaving office than the Fridge is today.

oh noes!

http://www.cracked.com/blog/bill-cli...nd-or-mcclane/

Holy crap, does this mean we have to argue over a CLINTON figure now??
    I haven't been around much because Facebook is such a time suck. So join me!
    http://www.facebook.com/ambrosekalifornia
    AMBROSEKALIFORNIA'S MOST WANTED
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69678

Nah, I find that Joe figures based on Presidents arnt that appealing to me.

Well accept that George Washington figure (Sigma six size, 12" is it?)

I also think there was a Lance Armstrong or something figure.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DPrime

I couldn't disagree more. There's a world of difference between our soldiers who put themselves in harm's way in service of our country and a bureaucrat who sits behind a desk pushing paper.

I just can't equate the service of a sergeant in the deserts of Iraq with that of draft dodgers like some of our recent Presidents.
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....

I'd rather have a Bush figure with a jet included.

I would rather have the Bush figure with his flight suit on and the Mission Accomplished banner. That was a moment that should be immortalized in 1:18th scale plastic so I can it on my Uss Flagg.