Would you buy a 25th Barack Obama ? - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I would buy one if it came in a comic pack with Stephen Colbert.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Probably not..

The reason is obvious but since talking politics on here is a big no-no.. I'll leave it at that.

- CL
    Last edited by Cobra-Loyalist; 01-22-2009 at 10:33 PM.
    Cobraaaaaaaa!!!!

Ugh, no way. I'm so sick of hearing about President Obama that what I'd really like is for him to just do his job as President. And all the lame merchandise they already have? TACKY! Plus, I agree: Fantasy+Reality= suckitude...to a certain extent.
    Sam
    Read my blog, or I will replace all your Argen 7 figs with Crystal Balls!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

To be honest I think any toy company would be dumb not to. His popularity at least in this part of the country is unparalleled and that is something I really think can be cashed in on right now.

Of course they can't call him Obama necessarily because that would involve many royalties and lawsuits, but I really wonder what is to stop them from making something passingly resembling him, and calling him something like Barry Kobama. Born: Hawaii Primary MOS: Commander in Chief, Secondary: Lawyer/community organizer, etc.

They can kit bash the Toht upper torso unto the 25th legs, or use an indy with tie torso with the same legs, give him the SDCC podium, etc.

Parents would pick something like that up IMHO especially now (trouble is any ideas for action figs take at least 1 year to develop)
    My Joes for Sale right here any loose fig 3 dollars or less: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/vie...=12584&start=0

Quote Originally Posted by samluvsjoes
    Ugh, no way. I'm so sick of hearing about President Obama that what I'd really like is for him to just do his job as President. And all the lame merchandise they already have? TACKY! Plus, I agree: Fantasy+Reality= suckitude...to a certain extent.
    Sam
    This. Although I'm kind-of torn. I could do zany dios with it, or use it as custom-fodder... but I really don't like the cult of personality thing. So... not sure if want.
    "I'm sure you're a big hit on Halloween, Zartan." - Colonel Sharp

Trade list!

no. and it's not because I didn't vote for him, it's because I don't like outside stuff getting in the Joe line like the Fridge, Street Fighter II, Matt Trakker from M.A.S.K. or wrestlers.

no, but i would buy a generic "the president" figure. he could buy burgers for the joes every time they save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin
    Of course they can't call him Obama necessarily because that would involve many royalties and lawsuits, but I really wonder what is to stop them from making something passingly resembling him, and calling him something like Barry Kobama. Born: Hawaii Primary MOS: Commander in Chief, Secondary: Lawyer/community organizer, etc.
    From what I know, he's a public figure, so you don't really need permission to do it, like how Sarah Palin had a bunch of figures out that I'm sure wern't licenced. A better example would probably be, say, Gene Simmons. If you just did a Gene Simmons figure, he could have them stopped, but it wouldn't be breaking any real copyright laws or anything since he's actually a public figure (you might not be able to call it "Gene Simmons" though, since he probably has that locked up). But, if you did a straight up Demon (Gene in Kiss costume) figure, then yeh, you're trashed since you're now stepping on actual copyrights.

I think the trouble would be having him with Joe figures, much in the same way Volkswagon won't licence themselves to Transformers anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck
    no, but i would buy a generic "the president" figure. he could buy burgers for the joes every time they save the day.
    That would make him Bill Clinton though, wouldn' it?

Quote Originally Posted by Satandy
    That would make him Bill Clinton though, wouldn' it?
    I'd lean to William Howard Taft but whatever floats your USS boat so to speak.
    My Joes for Sale right here any loose fig 3 dollars or less: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/vie...=12584&start=0