Would you buy a 25th Barack Obama ? - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 110
  1. #41
    I think a General George S. Patton figure would be cool. Now, I don't mean just a Patton figure in a dress uniform or what he wore in the field. No. I'm talking about a Patton dressed in the tank operator's uniform that he designed.

    Patton did design a military uniform that would not look out of place in the G.I. Joe ARAH line. Some fans may not even like it.


  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #42

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck
    no, but i would buy a generic "the president" figure. he could buy burgers for the joes every time they save the day.
    I had a generic president back in the 90s: Duke v1 was Bill Clinton. It worked out well since Battle Corps Duke was always my go to Duke.

    But I guess Reagan would make more sence since GI Joe started in the 80s and all. I understand why people don't like "outside" figures coming into GI Joe, but the President of the United States IS the Commander and Chief of all military (correct?) so it would make sence to have one.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by yojoebro82
    I had a generic president back in the 90s: Duke v1 was Bill Clinton. It worked out well since Battle Corps Duke was always my go to Duke.

    But I guess Reagan would make more sence since GI Joe started in the 80s and all. I understand why people don't like "outside" figures coming into GI Joe, but the President of the United States IS the Commander and Chief of all military (correct?) so it would make sence to have one.
    It makes sense to have one, but a generic one. That way GI Joe can remain timeless, and is not bogged down by real world events and politics.

  7. #45
    I would buy a 12" Reagan holding a piece of the Berlin wall over his head but NEVER an Obama, WTH has he done to deserve a figure other than being "elected"?

    Right on Falcone, that is why Joes are timeless, they do not get mixed up in all the present day hoopla.

  8. #46
    Member TheReverend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wandering Aimlessly somewhere in Arizona
    Posts
    2,450
    Ultimately I would prefer NO presidential figures no matter who it is - I guess a generic president figure would be ok - but whats the point?

    In the end there's nothing like politics to get peoples panties in a knot... And no matter which Prez it was, some one will cry about it and then we'll have all the: "hasbro suckz whyd they make that guy hez lame, the best prez evr waz *insert name of persons favorite Pres* this fig sucks!!1! - so nowz I hate hasblow!1!1" and similarly interesting, intellectual, and well though out posts all over fandom, so yeah no thanks to any real political figures.

    Keep Joes timeless and in their own little world, please!
    "O wad some Power the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us! "

  9. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend
    Ultimately I would prefer NO presidential figures no matter who it is - I guess a generic president figure would be ok - but whats the point?

    In the end there's nothing like politics to get peoples panties in a knot... And no matter which Prez it was, some one will cry about it and then we'll have all the: "hasbro suckz whyd they make that guy hez lame, the best prez evr waz *insert name of persons favorite Pres* this fig sucks!!1! - so nowz I hate hasblow!1!1" and similarly interesting, intellectual, and well though out posts all over fandom, so yeah no thanks to any real political figures.

    Keep Joes timeless and in their own little world, please!
    Good point!
    Jason
    "You can do it, Grunt. You've got to do it, man." - Zap (Marvel #4)

    My wants

    ***/ (5#)####

  10. #48
    Politics aside, I think the novelty of such a figure would make some money for Hasbro. What was the Fridge but a novelty Joe that cashed in on the immense popularity of the 1985 Super Bowl champion Chicago Bears? The advantage for all of us, even those who don't like the president, is a suit body that could be reused for other characters.


    And, to be fair, it would be a lot more tasteful than the silly Obama collector's plates and collector's coins. He's certainly more deserving than the last two, both of which dodged serving in the Vietnam war.

    The public exposure for the 25th line and G.I. Joe in general would be useful to us all as well.
    Last edited by MikePrime; 01-25-2009 at 01:08 PM.

  11. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    The public exposure for the 25th line and G.I. Joe in general would be useful to us all as well.
    You know, that maybe the best reason. But I still wouldn't buy it.
    C. M.

  12. #50

    ...What?

    I haven't been around much because Facebook is such a time suck. So join me!
    http://www.facebook.com/ambrosekalifornia
    AMBROSEKALIFORNIA'S MOST WANTED
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.php?t=69678



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •