Would you buy a 25th Barack Obama ? - Page 9

yojoe.com

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    NO

Last edited by Lody; 07-20-2009 at 09:44 PM.
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i would if he came out in australia

Yeah, probably, just to say I have one.

He would need a blue beret, a napkin, and a tea tray.

pfunk
    If at first you don't succeed...then parachuting is probably not for you.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dockingbay97
    EVERYONE STOP

NO POLITICS!!!

Sure you can talk about historic Joe figures and the potential of what you would like to see in an Obama one....

But anymore discussion in politics will result in temporary suspensions. This is one of the oldest most well known no's on this site - some of them I know you know full well about them. There is no excuse in particular for your behavior. Set the right example.
    Thanks DB97, I was getting quite annoyed at all the hate. Personally I think EVERY commander-in-chief is deserving of a Joe figure, PERIOD. You might not agree with every decision made, but they've done a lot for the United States and democracy - more than any of us I reckon - and I will buy any and every one, if they ever make it, and that includes Obama, Bush (both), and certainly John McCain as well (but they shouldn't do EVERY runner up ).

I hope that wasn't too "political". I just think the boss deserves some respect.
    Currently Looking For:
    An unbroken/mint; '83 HQ "base" (the big main part), 1 MG and 2 cameras; Brazil Gatilho.

Quote Originally Posted by DPrime
    Thanks DB97, I was getting quite annoyed at all the hate. Personally I think EVERY commander-in-chief is deserving of a Joe figure, PERIOD. You might not agree with every decision made, but they've done a lot for the United States and democracy - more than any of us I reckon - and I will buy any and every one, if they ever make it, and that includes Obama, Bush (both), and certainly John McCain as well (but they shouldn't do EVERY runner up ).

I hope that wasn't too "political". I just think the boss deserves some respect.
    bravo,it is nice to see an open minded opinion.I share your sentiment completely

i don't disagree with that sentiment, dprime, but i still would rather have a generic "the president" figure (as i posted several pages and months back). keeps everything nonpolitical and plus it keeps my joes from being stuck in any particular time period.

if they were to make a george w bush figure (i'm just going to use him since he's somewhat current and he would work well with the example), i know that any time i played with him in addition to the rest of the joe figures, it would be somewhere between 2001 and 2008 (or january 2009 if you want to get all anal). with a generic president figure, i could play with him for years without thinking that all the joes are stuck in the past.

i gotta say though, if they made all the presidents i'd have to keep an eye out for martin van buren. my younger brother has an obsession with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck
    i don't disagree with that sentiment, dprime, but i still would rather have a generic "the president" figure (as i posted several pages and months back). keeps everything nonpolitical and plus it keeps my joes from being stuck in any particular time period.

if they were to make a george w bush figure (i'm just going to use him since he's somewhat current and he would work well with the example), i know that any time i played with him in addition to the rest of the joe figures, it would be somewhere between 2001 and 2008 (or january 2009 if you want to get all anal). with a generic president figure, i could play with him for years without thinking that all the joes are stuck in the past.

i gotta say though, if they made all the presidents i'd have to keep an eye out for martin van buren. my younger brother has an obsession with the guy.
    Having read this post, I would probably be in favor of Hasbro making each of the Presidents in 3.75 size. They can each come with accessories that are appropriate for their era or what they were know for. Can you imagine Teddy Roosevelt coming with a small Teddy Bear? George Washington with some wooden teeth? Be sort of a cool/funky/weird collection.
    WANTED: Two (2) clear visors

I'd buy a BO figure but absolutly none of the others.

I would respectfully decline to purchase such a figure. It's kinda' like going to a Dixie Chicks concert and a political discussion breaks out. Not what I paid to see.

Marvel kept Captain America ambivalent to politics. Great move on their part. Helped really define the character too. I feel the same way about Joes. The ONLY exception is comic stories where politicians in general screw the Joes missions up because of difference in opinions. And don't use specific parties when doing that.

Giggity giggity goo...... Volleydan's Avatar
    I would also vote for a generic "President" figure. That way, the figure is never "dated" by who is actually in office at the time.

If they do decide to make actual President figures, I would hope that they keep it to Presidents who actually have military service......30 have and 13 haven't, according to my "quickie research".

Those who did not serve:

Adams
    Jefferson (though he was in the Virginia militia)
    Adams
    Van Buren
    Cleveland
    Taft
    Wilson
    Harding
    Coolidge
    Hoover
    FDR
    Clinton
    Obama

Of those who served, 6 didn't see actual "action":

Madison
    Polk
    Filmore
    Carter
    Reagan
    W Bush
    MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.....