Toy Fair 2009 - Page 7

yojoe.com

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2009

I'll definitely be getting at least one of each item, & at least 10 of the Cobra 7 packs, Neo Viper & Viper Commander figures.

Hopefully we'll see all of the different Viper troops from over the years, but this is a great continuation of what's been offered thus far.

Anyone needs extra Dr. Mindbenders?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I get the feeling that the Cobra 7-pack may wind up being hard to come by

Quote Originally Posted by Viperman
    Dr. Mindbender will be cheap, tho. :P

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Viperman
    I agree, about as hard to find as the final MASS set or the final classic style 5 packs. I think the neo vintage items are going to have almost no brick and mortar retailer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ford
    Recondo and Altitude in the same pack? Now what will people have to complain about?
    there is no Sgt Slaughter or Captain Gridiron in that pack so they suck no just kidding these are awesome thanks for posting the pics

I happy with what I'm seeing thus far, especially with the 7 packs finally we get Hit&Run
    Last edited by Tracker; 02-14-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Are the 7-packs just items that were to be single-packs, but moved in format in favor of movie figures?

I wonder if that's the fate of the 4th wave of vehicles?

I guess well need to know what other plans are for classic and resolute figures? I thought it odd that we've no pre-ordered for a wave 15 yet?
    Once upon a time there were TV commercials for G.I.Joe comics. They were generated by an ad agency at the clip of four per year. Whatever was shown in the commercial had to be in the comic. I got stuck with Serpentor, Tomax, Xamot and a host of silly characters. I did my best to make them work because it was a matter of doing the job. If you have a squad of losers, you still have to go out on patrol. I drew the line at Cobra-La and a few others. There are no plans for future commercials.

I said before that I was hoping they wouldn't just repaint Torpedo as Wet Suit, but I have to admit that I like the look of it. All it amounts to is that he has long sleeves, but it looks good.

As good as everything looks, I'm almost ashamed to say that I'm most excited that Cover Girl comes with a gun just like the original Alpine figure had.

I know that it is a bit early, but if people are serious about getting rid of an extra Dr. Mindbender, he is the only one I want from that set.

The other set looks great, though. Thus far, it is the most exciting news I've seen tonight (of any line).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Leavitt
    Are the 7-packs just items that were to be single-packs, but moved in format in favor of movie figures?

I wonder if that's the fate of the 4th wave of vehicles?
    I'm just glad to be able to buy a large number of Strato Vipers without having too many unneeded vehicles & Outback figures. As it stands right now, the only figure I'll have extras of are the Mindbender figures, but I think I can use them for upcoming customs anyway.

With this 7-pack, it gives me hope we will eventually see the rest of the Cobra troop figures from that era (SAW Viper, Desert Scorpion, Incinerators, Rock Viper, Annihilator, etc.), also HEAT Viper, hopefully similar to this design:

http://gijoeclub.com/hasbro_customs1.cfm

I'm basically looking for everything redone in 25th style, Hasbro.