YoJoe Interview: Wren Roberts!

yojoe.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

YoJoe Interview: Wren Roberts!

The actor who portrayed "Duke" during the live action commercials of the 1990's tells us of his time on set! Check it out here!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

"Duke" interview

I was hoping the interviewer would've asked Mr. Roberts about the funny moment: Of Duke in the "Street Fighter" ad asking "What's a Dhalsim?"

Awesome interview Phil!

I think that with the movie coming out, it is especially interesting to finally have names to put to the faces of the first live-action incarnations of our favorite heroes.

I'd like to see Wren Roberts and some of the others make it to the con one day.

I looked it up on imdb to see if there was ever an instance of 90s Duke and 00s Duke working together, but it looks like they haven't. But a lot of the actors in those old ads did appear in The Outer Limits, which also featured Joseph Gordon-Levitt in an episode it seems. I haven't watched that much, but it is interesting that so many worked on it.

It is a shame that he doesn't still have some of the props. The movie is going to open the doors for all sorts of prop-related collectibles, both from and inspired by the movie. It is a facet of collecting that G.I.Joe hasn't really had in many ways. Those pieces would certainly be an interesting bit of Joe history.

And I can't believe the Plasmatox cost that much to make.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That was so bada$$ and cool - loved it loved it loved it. Thank you for such an interesting piece.

Awesome interview. I really enjoyed it. I would love to meet this guy in person at the con or at least shoot him some fan mail about how much fun it was to read the interview!

Make sure he's aware of this thread so he can see everyone's appreciation.
    We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off. - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Uh oh, I feel a custom coming on based on that second picture.

Hey PJ,

You forgot to interview this nice lady at

http://www.marymac.com/

I think she'd give it a shot at an interview.

jeesus wren, you really like to talk about yourself, don't you???

i TOLD you to keep that damn fish tank!
    ....and i'm going to kick your *** next weekend over the 'computer geek' comment...

---- useless wren trivia ----
    - he talks a LOT...a LOT
    - don't play Movie Scene-It with him (he knows a TON of movie trivia and can remember lots of useless stuff that no one else seems to know)
    - he has a chihuahua
    - as an actor he's been in lots of Vancouver-shot stuff (and yes, he personally knows Richard Greico)
    - he's technologically incompetent (i think computers scare him....)
    - his favorite store is Costco (for it's liberal return policy)
    - he now loves tequila (some mysterious mexican shaman supposedly enlightened him on the way to snif, sip and savour tequila)

Hahaha! Awesome and Chrall, thanks for pointing Wren to us, we've had a total blast talking to him!

That was a fantastic interview. Sounds like a cool guy, now just get him a account for the forums, lol.

More, more!