Movie Toys! - Page 3

yojoe.com

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Toys!

I don't think that's a modded mold, I think it's just a similar design overall. I could be wrong, but modding a vehicle for 2.5" figures into a proper scale toy would be harder than just making one from scratch.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'll be getting the Snow vehicle for sure, just because I wanted one of the old ones and never got a chance to pick it up. That Cobra SUV is awesome as well. The Duke figure looks great too. I don't see how people can find a rational argument against the figures we have seen so far. As stand alone figures, what we have seen so far is good. For the people that keep calling them dull, have you ever seen a military uniform? These more realistic figures are awesome. I wish I was collecting the 25th line, just so I could get these figures.
    Oh, and using the fact the the figures come with a spring loaded weapon as an argument against the figures themselves is absurd. It seems the movie haters are running out of arguments about the toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcone
    I'll be getting the Snow vehicle for sure, just because I wanted one of the old ones and never got a chance to pick it up. That Cobra SUV is awesome as well. The Duke figure looks great too. I don't see how people can find a rational argument against the figures we have seen so far. As stand alone figures, what we have seen so far is good. For the people that keep calling them dull, have you ever seen a military uniform? These more realistic figures are awesome. I wish I was collecting the 25th line, just so I could get these figures.
    Oh, and using the fact the the figures come with a spring loaded weapon as an argument against the figures themselves is absurd. It seems the movie haters are running out of arguments about the toys.
    The spring-loaded weapons hurt an otherwise nice figure. The single-carded figures are nice and have good accessories, but the spring-loaded weapons are a detriment to the overall toy. It's especially bad for Heavy Duty who has had his mini-gun, his primary weapon, turned into a spring-loaded weapon. Now he has nothing to descent to use as a weapon.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think the Night Raven looks sweet! I like that they're giving us something new, not just the same 20 year old jet.
    The hummer is a little bland but I might buy it. Could be a good transport for CC or Destro.
    As for spring loaded weapons, I never cared for them but I never thought they ruined a figure. I usually don't buy a figure for their weapons anyway.

Any real Joe fan has a 20 gallon bucket full of weapons so Hasbro could never even include a gun with another figure and you'd be OK with it. Just throw those spring loaded missile launchers in the trash and arm them with something from your arsenal.
    ~Pit-Viper~

Quote Originally Posted by Kronz
    This won't kill my childhood any more than Eco Warriors, VvV or Spy Troops did.

Yeah!!!!!

I don't like the newest mold , Oring for life!!!

I think I'm going to buy the ice Dagger and the Hummer as well.

I might buy that desert camouflaged Duke.

Also, that one Cobra that comes with that one vehicle does look a lot like a Motor Viper. I wonder if that means that Hasbro will be reissuing a Stun at some point.

Love the Cobra H2. I didn't like the idea of a smaller Night Raven at first, but the more I've looked at it, the more I like it. Even if the movie turns out to be awful, at least I'll get some good toys out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sport
    Dookie. All of it.
    And as far as I'm concerned,
    Hasbro can ...CENSORED...CENSORED...CENSORED... sideways and on fire!
    AGREED! although, I am tempted to get Sgt. Thunderblast and Heavy Duty - but that would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikePrime
    The spring-loaded weapons hurt an otherwise nice figure. The single-carded figures are nice and have good accessories, but the spring-loaded weapons are a detriment to the overall toy. It's especially bad for Heavy Duty who has had his mini-gun, his primary weapon, turned into a spring-loaded weapon. Now he has nothing to descent to use as a weapon.
    The weapon has nothing to do with how the figure looks. If you don't like the weapon, toss it. The only way the spring loaded weapons hurt is for the MOC collectors.