Movie Toys! - Page 5

yojoe.com

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Toys!

Since I'm on a rant (kind of) here, one more.

Really disappointed with the PIT headquarters. Not yet totally knocking this until I've seen better pics and close-ups, though. Just really expected it to be more of a headquarters, and not a totally implausible transforming vehicle ala the MCC. Isn't the PIT supposed to be an underground HQ in the movie?
    Stupidity should be painful.
    She's gone from suck to blow!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by darkforce
    There was a snarky remark about the gungrip handle, but the old Conquest had one too....lol

The cool thing is it's smaller. It still looks cool.
    HUH?!! Are you remembering a different Conquest, perhaps? I sure don't remember any gungrip handle at all. In fact, I don't remember any Joe vehicles having that (in)action feature until the later, crappier jets, that were so small they didn't even need them.

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    HUH?!! Are you remembering a different Conquest, perhaps? I sure don't remember any gungrip handle at all. In fact, I don't remember any Joe vehicles having that (in)action feature until the later, crappier jets, that were so small they didn't even need them.
    Night Attack Chopper (2003) had grip, not Conquest.
    VISIT MY NEW COLLECTION AND COMMENT IT :

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/brow...&imageuser=444

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Would anyone like cheese with their whine?

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! It's not the same! It's not my childhood! It's not realistic! Waaaah! Waaaah!

You guys are the worst bunch of whiny cry-babies I have ever seen. Ha!

Don't watch the movie and don't buy the toys.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz

Hasbro? NO, Mattel or Kenner!!!

Friends, what we have here?
    1) M.A.S.K. pit
    2) Captain Power night Raven
    3) Robocop accelerator suit Duke
    4) Masters of the Universe mole pod (Hey, we are on Ethernia?)
    5) M.A.S.K. Steel crusher
    6) and "dulcis in fundo" oh, my god...Mister potaeto snake eyes, I am cryng.

Hasbro managers'd quit without a word.
    I am really thinking to stop to collect, to love Joes, to buy comics, to upload images of my collection.
    And it is better they do not talk of new quality standards, plastic etc. because, and You know, Transformers the movie I & II action figures are cool.
    Last edited by neapolitan joe; 02-11-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rage
    Would anyone like cheese with their whine?

Waaaaah! Waaaaah! It's not the same! It's not my childhood! It's not realistic! Waaaah! Waaaah!

You guys are the worst bunch of whiny cry-babies I have ever seen. Ha!

Don't watch the movie and don't buy the toys.

Mr Rage
    What a constructive, well-thought out post, that contributes so much to this discussion.

While there are certainly a few that may qualify, the majority of the complaints I've seen here are on the basis of the toys themselves, not in how they compare to the "old stuff".

Resorting to name-calling and hysteria just because everyone may or may not agree with you or think the same way you do, or have the same opinion as you, is just asinine and childish.

I could have swarn the Conquest had a detachable handle? Looking at the one in front of me from Target it has the prongs for it. But I could be wrong....lol

The only thing that matters to me about GI Joe toys is that they don't go neon like they did when I grew out of them. Other than that, I am up for cool futuristic designs.
    I'm gonna send you home in an itty bitty ditty bag~Sgt. Slaughter
    GI Joe Role-Playing Game:
    http://forums.yojoe.com/showthread.p...350#post405350

Quote Originally Posted by darkforce
    I could have swarn the Conquest had a detachable handle? Looking at the one in front of me from Target it has the prongs for it. But I could be wrong....lol

The only thing that matters to me about GI Joe toys is that they don't go neon like they did when I grew out of them. Other than that, I am up for cool futuristic designs.
    Futuristic designs? What are You talking about?
    The whole G.I.JOE vehicle production (1982-2006) is based on futuristic designs or real vehicles with some sci-fi accessories.
    Skystriker, U.S.S. Flagg, Defiant, Ferret where are You?

Quote Originally Posted by stad
    What a constructive, well-thought out post, that contributes so much to this discussion.

While there are certainly a few that may qualify, the majority of the complaints I've seen here are on the basis of the toys themselves, not in how they compare to the "old stuff".

Resorting to name-calling and hysteria just because everyone may or may not agree with you or think the same way you do, or have the same opinion as you, is just asinine and childish.

Yeah, like all your negative rants really add something.

Methinks you need to be the one growing up.

Plus you really didn't get the joke.

Mr Rage
    "...I am that dog, I am that monster, I am that post-industrial post modern crypto-fascist politically incorrect male cocka-rocka warpig, praise Jesus..." - Kurtz